Panasonic DMP UB900 worth getting?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I came across one of these brand new in the box for 300$. I looked at the specs on it, and it looks like it was the flagship 4k UHD blu-ray player from Panasonic at the time it was released. I don't have much in the way of physical media, but have been considering getting a 4k player, just didn't want to spend a ton of money on one.

Thoughts?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I think they retailed for a grand so I think $300 is reasonable. The bigger question is that after the amp purchases will you be alive if you spend another $300?

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
I looked at this model recently. Its a very well made player but $300 new sounds a bit pricey. Saw a new in the box on EBAY recently for under 200.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I picked mine up off eBay a few months ago for $120 shipped. $300 is way too much, I’ve seen UB820’s go for that and they’re a much newer and more capable player.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I looked at this model recently. Its a very well made player but $300 new sounds a bit pricey. Saw a new in the box on EBAY recently for under 200.
Keep in mind thats 300$ Canadian Pesos, so about ~235$ USD. I could probably get him down to 250$.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I think they retailed for a grand so I think $300 is reasonable. The bigger question is that after the amp purchases will you be alive if you spend another $300?
lol. True true. How does that saying go......tis better to beg forgiveness than to ask permission......... :p

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
Where because I just looked and only found very expensive ones? I'll buy at that price, I want a Dolby Vision BD player.
I think you’re thinking of the UB-9000 which does HDR10+ and DV. The 900 only does HDR10. It’s on eBay. I’ll copy the link

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
No idea to be honest, when I get home I’ll check the back of mine and see where it was made
Yeah, I just don't want it to be another region or something. I mean that could make things difficult of course.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
I was mistaken as well, it was made in China not Japan I was reading the wrong label

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis