Panamax detecting wrong voltage ?

G

GuyInLA

Enthusiast
Hi again all.
I have a Panamax mr5100 that powers mc275, sr5010 and a martinlogan Bluetooth transmitter.
It has worked fine for a long time. I plugged in to turn on today and it won’t power up devices. It actually shows a warning light and indicates a voltage of 139 v.
all other equipment plugged in everywhere is fine and the other Panamax shows 122-123 v.

I plugged in to different outlets and circuits and it always shows this Overvoltage.
I even plugged the mr5100 power cord into another Panamax I have (that shows 122 v and is currently powering other devices) and the 5100 still shows the Overvoltage. My meter has a dead battery (always the case) so I can’t put the meter on until I get a new battery tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts. Have others seen such an issue? I don’t see any reset other than the built in circuit breaker but that actually appears normal and looks like the unit just shut down because that is what it is designed to do.
Do these devices just tend to develop this problem over time?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They claim these things should never die, but I had 2 Panamax units over the years and they both died. I contacted them and they said, it happens sometimes and they are not expected to last "a lifetime". (MTBF claims "500yrs" lol). So unfortunately, I'd say you'll need to contact them.

My APC has been fine for over 10 years now.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi again all.
I have a Panamax mr5100 that powers mc275, sr5010 and a martinlogan Bluetooth transmitter.
It has worked fine for a long time. I plugged in to turn on today and it won’t power up devices. It actually shows a warning light and indicates a voltage of 139 v.
all other equipment plugged in everywhere is fine and the other Panamax shows 122-123 v.

I plugged in to different outlets and circuits and it always shows this Overvoltage.
I even plugged the mr5100 power cord into another Panamax I have (that shows 122 v and is currently powering other devices) and the 5100 still shows the Overvoltage. My meter has a dead battery (always the case) so I can’t put the meter on until I get a new battery tomorrow but was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts. Have others seen such an issue? I don’t see any reset other than the built in circuit breaker but that actually appears normal and looks like the unit just shut down because that is what it is designed to do.
Do these devices just tend to develop this problem over time?
Most likely the voltage regulator has failed.

Time for a new unit. APC recommended.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis