Paid subscription for music??

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Do you think it’s worth paying for subscription music to get higher quality music? I just got the free Tidal account and curious the difference in lossless music?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Do you think it’s worth paying for subscription music to get higher quality music? I just got the free Tidal account and curious the difference in lossless music?
Do you like to have your listening interrupted by advertisement? This is what a “free” Tidal account means.

witchdoctor

witchdoctor

Full Audioholic
After your free trial ends see if it is worth it to you, only you can tell for sure.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Being ad free as well as getting higher quality stream is worth a few bucks to me (but not Tidal).

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Ad free is a big deal to me. I'm on a Family deal at Spotify and everyone likes it with no Ads. I've been hoping they'd upgrade it to lossless, but so far no joy. :(

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Better, yes is it worth it, depends. There's better out there then Tidal.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I did get the free trial for Apple Music. Is possible to stream lossless from my iPhone and air cast it to my home theater? What’s the best way for me to stream high quality music from Apple Music? I have an Amazon fire cube and network Yamaha rxA850

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I did get the free trial for Apple Music. Is possible to stream lossless from my iPhone and air cast it to my home theater? What’s the best way for me to stream high quality music from Apple Music? I have an Amazon fire cube and network Yamaha rxA850
The best way to stream lossless Apple music is to not try and just add Amazon Music HD instead. ;)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Do you like to be paid for your work? Not that the artists receive fair pay from Spotify, Pandora, etc, but they get paid.

Pandora charges $5/month- the benefit is (supposedly) better sound quality but a big draw for me is that the ads are gone.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
Do you think this behringer I have laying around can be used as an external DAC?
I think your question should really be in it's own thread, but after reading the manual I understand why the confusion. I have a Behringer Xenyx QX1202 USB mixer and while a great tool and very capable, it's manual is very poor as well.

I'm guessing you want to use the Behringer U-Control UCA202 to take audio from a computer to a receiver via Optical or RCA Cables. Without downloading and installing the free software from Behringer and having the UCA202 at hand, I can't be 100% certain the USB interface is bi-directional, but I expect it is. Like @Trell suggested, try it and see. What do you have to lose? ;)

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Correct I want to use to stream hi res music from my phone to avr. I’ll give it a try

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I’ll try it but according to the specs it has a max bit rate of 16 bit. I can get that via AirPlay

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What do you expect hi res to do that 16/44.1/48 can't/doesn't?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Not sure I’m new to all this high res and lossless stuff

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I did try the behringer as a DAC it played analogue as 2.1. The volume seem to output much lower and my svs sub didn’t sound as alive. Just sounds much better to me airplaying it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I did try the behringer as a DAC it played analogue as 2.1. The volume seem to output much lower and my svs sub didn’t sound as alive. Just sounds much better to me airplaying it.
Eh? Doesn't look possible for that unit to output 2.1

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure I’m new to all this high res and lossless stuff
You are overthinking it. Possible some hires stuff is simply different mix/master but largely not an audible difference. The 44.1/16 cd format is lossless.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis