afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Well got to see it last night and dang what a BASS workout(Had to turn it down :() The first half kind of dragged, but the 2nd half is really when it got better. The graphics were awe looking and so well done. I enjoyed it. I'd give it a B+

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Finally watched it over the weekend. Wish I had just rented it. I can't see myself watching that again.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've actually watched the fights scenes in this more than 10x already :) love it.

i think the love it or hate it thing can be explained with this:

wife complains on why they didn't always lead with their cannon (or other special weapon)
i look at her and tell her, "i'm guessing you've never watched Voltron, Voltes V, Daimos, etc?"
"no"
"thought so"

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I agree, the fight scenes are awesome. Of course you can't lead with the plasma cannons, chest rockets, etc :D

i've actually watched the fights scenes in this more than 10x already :) love it.

i think the love it or hate it thing can be explained with this:

wife complains on why they didn't always lead with their cannon (or other special weapon)
i look at her and tell her, "i'm guessing you've never watched Voltron, Voltes V, Daimos, etc?"
"no"
"thought so"

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
funny thing about the "honest trailer" video above ...

they're right. the weapon they "forgot" about (the super cool chain sword if i heard correctly) killed 3-4 kaijus.

they should use that instead of the "longest charging cannon"

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Counter point, or question I should say: Was that always there or was that one of the upgrades that Mako oversaw?

funny thing about the "honest trailer" video above ...

they're right. the weapon they "forgot" about (the super cool chain sword if i heard correctly) killed 3-4 kaijus.

they should use that instead of the "longest charging cannon"

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Counter point, or question I should say: Was that always there or was that one of the upgrades that Mako oversaw?
yeah, they should have fixed the script to address that. you don't forget TWO chain swords :D

would have worked smoother if Mako said, "we added this option ..." "should have told you that YESTERDAY"

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
They had the chain swords and Striker randomly had those arm blades. Weapons popping up all over the place that would have come in handy during some of those fights :D

yeah, they should have fixed the script to address that. you don't forget TWO chain swords :D

would have worked smoother if Mako said, "we added this option ..." "should have told you that YESTERDAY"

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That 3-armed Chinese robot turned out to be a complete pussy!

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
I bought the 3D package with the intent of having my nephew over to watch it on my new Panny 3D TV, so I screened it last night and this was the first experience in my life with 3D. I don't know if it's my preconceived notions of 3D or just the nature of it, but I found it more distracting than anything else. The soundtrack is something else though and the LFE is off the charts and I was watching at -4db below reference.

As for the movie itself, the fight scenes were great, but the rest of the movie was pretty meh. All spectacle and not much else (I have no doubt my expectations are too high) and the "honest tralier" sums it up perfectly. After watching I don't know if this movie is appropriate for my 6 1/2 year old nephew...at least at this point...maybe in a couple of years.

C

cr136124

Audioholic Intern
Yep, not a perfect movie, but I really love the scenes with the little Mako!!!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis