gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
RE: Parts Express

Yes about a year or so ago they were shamelessly promoting themselves on our forum and refused to participate in one of our advertising packages. As a result their links are banned from the forum until further notice.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Edit: So part express doesn't even work here.

I though it was alright if you use the alternate? confused...:confused:

I mean we are not promoting them, they just happen to be the solution to many issues.

But, your call.

SheepStar

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
gene said:

Yes about a year or so ago they were shamelessly promoting themselves on our forum and refused to participate in one of our advertising packages. As a result their links are banned from the forum until further notice.
Is there an alternative for the types of products the person was asking for? I will gladly send someone somewhere of your preference.:confused:

M

mustang_steve

Senior Audioholic
hmm, so i guess *********** finally got blocked too.

I guess we just have to say go do a search for part X at parts express.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
gene said:

Good work!

Yea, we're not trying to squash discussion so much as we're trying to let them know that they can't simply abuse us and have their links all over the site without some consideration for other companies who actually pay us to advertise here.

At one point one of their emplyees was posting links all over in reponse to questions. We went into discussions about advertising with them and they declined, feeling that they simply didn't have the budget for even a very small token amount for the forums.

Now, this was the equivalent of about 1/10th what our smallest advertiser pays, mind you - so you can see where we might be a little reticent about allowing them to get linked up here.

Here is just one other resource for loudspeaker parts & kits:

http://www.madisound.com/

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Clint DeBoer said:
Yea, we're not trying to squash discussion so much as we're trying to let them know that they can't simply abuse us and have their links all over the site without some consideration for other companies who actually pay us to advertise here.

At one point one of their emplyees was posting links all over in reponse to questions. We went into discussions about advertising with them and they declined, feeling that they simply didn't have the budget for even a very small token amount for the forums.

Now, this was the equivalent of about 1/10th what our smallest advertiser pays, mind you - so you can see where we might be a little reticent about allowing them to get linked up here.

Here is just one other resource for loudspeaker parts & kits:

http://www.madisound.com/
Now that you mention that, it does make sense. Not even for 1/10th the smallest advertiser? *cough*cheap*cough*

SheepStar

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
I don't understand why you didn't just ban the person, and contact the company. The other alternatives you guys gave are ok, but as far as Madisound goes, their prices are bad their website is slow and not well put together. All of those companies combined don't have the selection PE has. I just think it is more of an inconvenience to us, and I believe they got your point.

ducker

ducker

Full Audioholic
perhaps it's time to life the "ban" so that people can once again link to that site. I understand where you're coming from, but it pretty much just now inconviences your members. And there are still ways around it.

Anyone could abuse the board and pepper it with links to their own business.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I don't understand why you didn't just ban the person, and contact the company. The other alternatives you guys gave are ok, but as far as Madisound goes, their prices are bad their website is slow and not well put together. All of those companies combined don't have the selection PE has. I just think it is more of an inconvenience to us, and I believe they got your point.
The person from Parts Express was a higher up and the one making the decisions for advertising was well aware of this. They figured why by the cow while they were getting the milk for free.

krabapple

krabapple

Banned
I still buy from PE occasionally but for cables and connectors these days I tend to hit trianglecables.com. I love a bargain.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I buy a lot of stuff from them, and I often recommend their site. I understand completely where you guys are coming from though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis