Outstanding Large bookshelf's. Act FAST!

nordhaven

nordhaven

Junior Audioholic
JM Labs Chorus 707s. I have had these for a few weeks now. They are a whole new world compared to the X-ls they replaced. Stunning crisp true dynamic sound. They breathed new life into my system and how I feal about it!

I will wright up a real review in a few weeks (review section). I just wanted to give you guys a heads up before they sell out.
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JMCH707S&variation=CLA

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
How much are they. I can't seem to get the link to work (probably due to the blocks on this network)? I should be able to see the link by Saturday anyway when I get my internets back.:D

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker upgrade

Glad you are enjoying the new speakers, but don't toss the X-series yet. A pair with the new tweeter and crossover upgrades did very well in a shoutout with speakers in the <$1k price range.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Glad you are enjoying the new speakers, but don't toss the X-series yet. A pair with the new tweeter and crossover upgrades did very well in a shoutout with speakers in the <$1k price range.
I thought the woofer was the weak point in the X-LS.:confused:

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Tempting -- just to do a cabinet modification experiment, considering the likely superb crossover and drivers used -- just shoddy cabinets with severe resonance(like almost all speakers feature). :)

Okay, right off the bat -- I'm thinking I could cut off the back and cut out all internal bracing, then adhere about 1/8" of Dynamat on the wall, then glue 1/4" thick steel plate on all interior surfaces and glue on a 1/4" layer of hardwood laminate over this -- then install oak matrix bracing. Rebuild the back, spray the back semi-gloss black, stuff with a high density fiberglass or mineral wool board internally, and have a nearly inert cabinet with no substantial resonance. Re-tune the port for the new internal volume and probably lose 10-15Hz extension(well worth it for the removal of timbre distortions caused by a cabinet).

I would prefer to weld a solid steel internal matrix cage directly to the internal steel plate, making an insertion assembly I can just slide in and set with glue -- but that would be impractical since I don't have a welder.

Sound like a plan? I think so! :)

-Chris

Last edited:
E

EnzoPolotso

Audioholic Intern
Tempting -- just to do a cabinet modification experiment, considering the likely superb crossover and drivers used -- just shoddy cabinets with severe resonance(like almost all speakers feature). :)

Okay, right off the bat -- I'm thinking I could cut off the back and cut out all internal bracing, then adhere about 1/8" of Dynamat on the wall, then glue 1/4" thick steel plate on all interior surfaces and glue on a 1/4" layer of hardwood laminate over this -- then install oak matrix bracing. Rebuild the back, spray the back semi-gloss black, stuff with a high density fiberglass or mineral wool board internally, and have a nearly inert cabinet with no substantial resonance. Re-tune the port for the new internal volume and probably lose 10-15Hz extension(well worth it for the removal of timbre distortions caused by a cabinet).

I would prefer to weld a solid steel internal matrix cage directly to the internal steel plate, making an insertion assembly I can just slide in and set with glue -- but that would be impractical since I don't have a welder.

Sound like a plan? I think so! :)

-Chris

ok, man.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis