Outdoor iPod Dock/Speaker

E

evapod

Audiophyte
I'm looking for an iPod dock or speaker system for my back yard. I checked out the selection at the Apple store and the only ones that sounded halfway decent in the noisy store were the B+W Zeppelin (too $$$) and the Bose systems which I know tend to be overpriced because of the Bose "name".

I'm don't need anything weatherproof since I'll be taking it inside when it's not in use, but I would prefer something battery powered since my outdoor power outlet isn't ideally placed. My budget is $250, but less than that would be great.

I've been checking out the Tivoli iSongbook, Klipsch iGroove and a couple of the Sony systems online, any other recs?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I'm looking for an iPod dock or speaker system for my back yard. I checked out the selection at the Apple store and the only ones that sounded halfway decent in the noisy store were the B+W Zeppelin (too $$$) and the Bose systems which I know tend to be overpriced because of the Bose "name".

I'm don't need anything weatherproof since I'll be taking it inside when it's not in use, but I would prefer something battery powered since my outdoor power outlet isn't ideally placed. My budget is $250, but less than that would be great.

I've been checking out the Tivoli iSongbook, Klipsch iGroove and a couple of the Sony systems online, any other recs?

If you want great sound you will need outdoor speakers wired to a receiver. If you already have an indoor system you might consider hooking up some outdoor speakers. It makes for some nice tunes.

If you don't care abou the SQ then Klipsch makes good speakers so maybe that dock might be decent.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis