KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
Hi guys,
Sorry for my absence off of here, life has gotten very busy with my new band, etc. Anyway.
After the loss of my favorite website, bandhub.com, (we actually formed before the end of it), we decided it was time to form a REAL band. No over the internet collaborations, just real band time. We're going to record our first studio album starting in June, I'll record my parts in just a few days along with my vocalist, and then the band will overdub their parts in early June. Our band is called Smilodon and The Sabres (a nod to some of the mid-late 60s psychedelic band names), and I would describe our music as "indie alternative folk rock." Our kickstarter to our album will be a cover of "I'll Fight" by a group called Wilco, which features the awesome songwriter Jeff Tweedy. So, I'll have the music album done by June. Then ya'll can tell our genre. Anyway, if you want to suggest songs for the album in between that time, I'll pick a few of the songs, and whoever gets their song picked, I'll give ya'll a virtual doughnut of any flavor you like! LOL. I'll keep this thread going for ya'll to converse about the album, give suggestions to one another, etc.
Thanks,
Ryan

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
I can see the song "I'll fight" by Wilco working for your band.

Have you looked at "Beautiful Loser" by Bob Segar? I think that might work with your self-described sound and it's lyrics. I think it would be interesting with more electric guitar instead of the acoustic, maybe add some organ/keyboard in the background. Just my thoughts which are worth about as much as you paid for them.

KaatheSnake

KaatheSnake

Senior Audioholic
I can see the song "I'll fight" by Wilco working for your band.

Have you looked at "Beautiful Loser" by Bob Segar? I think that might work with your self-described sound and it's lyrics. I think it would be interesting with more electric guitar instead of the acoustic, maybe add some organ/keyboard in the background. Just my thoughts which are worth about as much as you paid for them.
I've never heard of it. My dad plays Hammond M3 organ in the band, which would work for what you're describing. I played the electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and Hammond M3 on "I'll Fight," but Dad will play the organ on the others. His playing reminds me a lot of Augie Meyers.
Ryan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis