ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
The past few weeks Carolyn and I have talked a lot about Annie as we knew her days we're very numbered with us. Thursday morning we decided it was time and we called her hospice vet and she was scheduled to come to our house at 3:30 that afternoon. Around 1:30 poor little Annie had what appeared to be a stroke or bad seizure. The Vet was able to get here a little early and helped our baby go to a peaceful place. We loved her and she will always be in our hearts, we had her for 15 years.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Of course, words don't help much. It sounds like she enjoyed a very warm and secure life with companions who loved her. We've been through this, too. We tried to hold on to our Gretchen as long as possible, then one day a sudden seizure let us know that it was time. Best.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That's terrible. I lost my two dogs close together and they were only around 8 years or so. Felt like losing a child...

Glad you had 15 years.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Hey man, Sorry to hear about your loss. It always seems cruel that they don't live longer. Thoughts are with you.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Condolences. Very difficult times.

My sister just lost 1 or 2 dogs at about age 16.

I just recently lost both my cats of around 13 years old. One of them, we knew for a few months beforehand, the other was a complete surprise!

I will say that it is a little easier when you expect it and you have the time to prepare for it and to really spoil your pets for those last few weeks. When we put our girl down, the one that was expected, the wife and I were talking about the ways we had spoiled her over the previous month, and we got a good chuckle during a difficult time when the wife said, "yesterday I let her eat grass".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All you can do is make sure they have the best life too, and enjoy your time with the; and I am sure you did. 15yrs is a long time. My parent's dogs lived to 13 and 14, my dog lived to 13.

M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
It's hard when they have been your best friend for so many years. My sympathies.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry for your loss Greg. Losing a pet is just as significant as losing a relative. My neighbor has a chihuahua named Bigman and he is very close to passing as well. She just does not have the heart to put him down. Sadly, Bigman is suffering. Just a matter of time at this point. Prayers going up for you and yours Greg.

Cheers,

Phil

Matt34

Matt34

Well that sucks. We had to put down our 10 year female German Shepherd last month.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks guys, she was a cool dog in her day. I have always had a good eye for when it is my dogs time but she was hard to judge. Even though she was having a really hard time getting around or doing anything, she was still happy up until about 3 weeks ago. At that time she wouldn't hardly eat or drink and her Hospice Vet increased her pain meds as you could tell she was hurting a lot. It was also difficult to tell my wife it was time because I knew it would bring back the emotions of her Father dying last year.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys, she was a cool dog in her day. I have always had a good eye for when it is my dogs time but she was hard to judge. Even though she was having a really hard time getting around or doing anything, she was still happy up until about 3 weeks ago. At that time she wouldn't hardly eat or drink and her Hospice Vet increased her pain meds as you could tell she was hurting a lot. It was also difficult to tell my wife it was time because I knew it would bring back the emotions of her Father dying last year.
Both of my cats that we had put down, the vet told us straight up, "if this were my cat then this would be my decision at this time".

That's what we needed to hear and we really respect the vet for that.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
Sorry for your loss. 15 was a good long life. As the time approached in all my dogs' and cats' lives, it never is easy, and it's still hard to go through, no matter how old they made it to.

I had a very bad year in 2012. My mom died in March at 87. She had wanted to go for at least 7 years. On Nov 12th, my dog Molly had to be put down, she was suddenly unable to walk and her heart was very bad. About an hour after that, I was called by a friend who told me his brother, who I had been friends with for about 50 years, had died. I was generally a mess already, and it really bummed me out. A month and a day after Molly went, her brother, and "boss", King went too. They were almost 14, so it wasn't a shock, but they really deteriorated suddenly. And then about 4 hours after King went, another friend calls me and says, "Guess what I have?" "What?", "Well, I've got liver cancer!". He died in August of 2013, and it wasn't an easy thing for him or his family to go through. hope I never have another year like that.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry for your loss. 15 was a good long life. As the time approached in all my dogs' and cats' lives, it never is easy, and it's still hard to go through, no matter how old they made it to.

I had a very bad year in 2012. My mom died in March at 87. She had wanted to go for at least 7 years. On Nov 12th, my dog Molly had to be put down, she was suddenly unable to walk and her heart was very bad. About an hour after that, I was called by a friend who told me his brother, who I had been friends with for about 50 years, had died. I was generally a mess already, and it really bummed me out. A month and a day after Molly went, her brother, and "boss", King went too. They were almost 14, so it wasn't a shock, but they really deteriorated suddenly. And then about 4 hours after King went, another friend calls me and says, "Guess what I have?" "What?", "Well, I've got liver cancer!". He died in August of 2013, and it wasn't an easy thing for him or his family to go through. hope I never have another year like that.
Ughhhh...that's a lot to go through.

I have been keeping my mind off of it by playing with my car.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Luckily our little one is still very healthy and active. I can't believe we have had her 11 years now. I always like the picture of them together.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Wow our landscape was so little back then. Here is is now.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
It's hard for me to believe that it's almost 6 years since King and Molly went, and that I've had my cats almost as long. The worst part of pets is their short lives. But parrots who live forever, are a whole jump up in care and hassles. You haven't seen a meltdown like a Cockatoo or a Macaw has. My friend had a Hyacinth Macaw for 55 years, and when he had one of his 6 times a year or so meltdowns, usually when he was going to the vet, it was really scary, and loud. This is kind of like it, but make it a bird over twice the size, with finger amputating bite power..

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We get her ashes and urn back today. It's out 8 year wedding Anniversary today too so I am sure it will be bittersweet.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis