D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Curious what other audio forums you cruise for useful info?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't much....many are just silly or full of snake oil. Here and audiosciencereview.com for the bulk of it, sometimes a bit from avsforum.com, Diyaudio.com or data-bass.com . A few FB groups that aren't ridiculous, but most are (many are just run by the snake oil folk).

Along those lines, which ones have you been perusing ?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I'm sure there's all kinds if you're doing a key word search. Just tidbits at audiokarma, tom's guide, steve hoffman, and one of my favs noaudiophile. I bought my JBL 305s because of him. Will have to check out the ones you've mentioned.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Other forums for information or for entertainment ?

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Gearslutz is the other I was thinking of.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Audiophile News and Steve Hoffman. Guilty as charged. :)

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Gearslutz is the other I was thinking of.
"Gearslutz" is aimed at musicians and semi-pro audio.

a decade ago (or more) the "AVS" home theater forum was very active. Then activity in building a home theater room started to diminish and the forum always had clunky/slow firmware. The forum is still there, but not as interesting.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Hoffman forum is too full of woo for my taste when I've visited....

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
AVS forum can be useful for researching a specific model of TV or AVR or Blu-ray player. You may have to dig thru 5000 posts on those threads though. YMMV

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
'The Audiophiles Wife' about 125 blog pages.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
AVS forum can be useful for researching a specific model of TV or AVR or Blu-ray player. You may have to dig thru 5000 posts on those threads though. YMMV
Yeah I forgot that I do visit AVS from time to time. :)

Guiria

Guiria

Senior Audioholic
Parts-express.com forum
Fb DIY loudspeaker pad
I used to frequent htguide.com forums and hometheatershack but it’s been a good long while.

Audioholics is still my anchor in the sea of audiophilia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcosmic

pcosmic

Senior Audioholic
Audiogon has guys who have experience with rare/unheard of gear. If you are searching for something that's not as well known in the audiophile world , you may have some luck there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Audiogon has guys who have experience with rare/unheard of gear. If you are searching for something that's not as well known in the audiophile world , you may have some luck there.
Let alone their experiences with imaginary benefits of gear!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis