OSD (On Screen Display) Problems

J

jrd257

Audiophyte
I just purchased the Yamaha htr-5760 and am very happy with the sound quailty and ease of use. Only one problem cannot get the on screen display on my monitor. The owner's manual gives to solutions in the troubleshoot section and checked both and that is not the problem(or at least I think that is not the problem). I am connected to my tv via monitor out on the Yamaha receiver via the component video cables. I have to video sources coming into the receiver, one being the dish hd receiver via component and two being the dvd via component as well. I haven't performed the auto setup with the YPAO yet being that it states that the OSD should be on and I am anxious to see how much improvement in sound I get from that optimization. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated...thanks!

L

Leprkon

Audioholic General
two sugestions:

one- some receivers won't send OSD over a component connection and you might have to run a composite cable from the receiver to the TV to be able to see the OSD.

two- make sure the receiver is set to send the menu (or that the menu is turned on) as it might treat the menu as either a seperate video device or it only shows the menu when it's turned on.

check your manual to be sure which might be the problem.

Good luck. :)

crashguy

crashguy

Audioholic
Leprkon hit it on the head. If it's not one of those two things (very likely the component only hook up), the OSD in your yammie is busted.

J

jrd257

Audiophyte
Thanks for the quick reply...I'll try the composite connection when I get home..as far as the menu being on that was to two suggestions offered in the troubleshooting section and I am almost positive I have that turned on..thanks again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis