OSD Nero XA5180 Class H vs crown xli 800 , xls 1002 , outlaw audio x 5000

johnny45

johnny45

Audioholic
is the noise floor an sinad ratio better then the crown xli 800 an xls 1002 ?

an how does it compare to the outlaw audio x 5000

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
It seems interesting so I checked their website, they claimed:

osd-audio-2020-catalog.pdf (outdoorspeakerdepot.com)

"Our product line is always expanding for both consumers and installers who appreciate quality products at a great price. We have over 1200 models of speakers, electronics and A/V accessories designed and engineered in the United States and manufactured directly from top-rated ISO 9004 factories. These same factories produce some of world’s most famous brand name speakers. OSD Audio found a way to bridge the gap between great sound and affordable pricing, and we are constantly looking for ways to bring even better quality"

That sounds like they don't have their own factories but use others. I would be great if @M Code can do us a favor again by checking with his insider contacts about who they used for design and which factories to manufacture their brand of speakers and amps.

ISO 9004 factories sounded fishy though as it is not a certification program like ISO 9001, so imo mentioning of that is a actually not a good sign.

Just wonder if this thing could be a viable alternative to Monolith's.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
It seems interesting so I checked their website, they claimed:

osd-audio-2020-catalog.pdf (outdoorspeakerdepot.com)

"Our product line is always expanding for both consumers and installers who appreciate quality products at a great price. We have over 1200 models of speakers, electronics and A/V accessories designed and engineered in the United States and manufactured directly from top-rated ISO 9004 factories. These same factories produce some of world’s most famous brand name speakers. OSD Audio found a way to bridge the gap between great sound and affordable pricing, and we are constantly looking for ways to bring even better quality"

That sounds like they don't have their own factories but use others. I would be great if @M Code can do us a favor again by checking with his insider contacts about who they used for design and which factories to manufacture their brand of speakers and amps.

ISO 9004 factories sounded fishy though as it is not a certification program like ISO 9001, so imo mentioning of that is a actually not a good sign.

Just wonder if this thing could be a viable alternative to Monolith's.
Compare the OSD product lineup with MonoPrice products U will find some interesting simularities.. :oops:
OSD products are sourced from a wide variety of Chinese factories...

Just my $0.02.. ;)

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
I pointed out this amp like a year ago when it was even cheaper, or what seems like a year ago (where has the time gone). Anywho, OSD is intriguing, or was. The now price is on par with Outlaw by a few bucks so I would go with Outlaw. A year ago when it was like $550 or something like that, I would have said OSD. There's a few people in net world that have purchased it and are happy with it, but like I said the price has increased soooo, IDK.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Guess it was the beginning of the year and $650. but none the less, id stick with outlaw at this point. Or look into Emotivas new BasX line.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis