Original Punch45!!!!!

itschris

itschris

Hey Chris, you are exactly right. Except that I would say chicks and cars.......LOL!!!! ;);) It would be cool, however, if you did find an 84 Daytona and put a system together. Heck, if you do might as well go to a sound-off competition........right? If you do, please snap some pics. Oh, don't forget the hot chicks too! :D:D

Cheers,

Phil
I had to have the car BEFORE I got the chicks! :):D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I had to have the car BEFORE I got the chicks! :):D
LOL..well I had chicks before my car, but had better chicks afterwards. :D:D However, the quality thereof was much better after I had my car with my music blasting to get attention. ;);) I used to drive by my local public swimming pool with a nice tune blasting away. At least, until the police was called.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I miss the days when manufacturers actually built amps like tanks. I have a punch amp in my car now that I am about to replace this weekend with a new Elemental Designs NINe.4 and give the Rockford to my girlfriend, along with my HiFonics sub amp that is being replaced with a Elemental NINe.1 to power my new 13Ov2s that I just built boxes for. Hopefully the install will be completed this weekend, I'm so ready to hear the new equipment. I love car audio, especially loud, low, deep bass... it's what really got me into sound systems altogether.

I hope you can get that amp repaired, I know it will bring back lots of good memories.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I miss the days when manufacturers actually built amps like tanks. I have a punch amp in my car now that I am about to replace this weekend with a new Elemental Designs NINe.4 and give the Rockford to my girlfriend, along with my HiFonics sub amp that is being replaced with a Elemental NINe.1 to power my new 13Ov2s that I just built boxes for. Hopefully the install will be completed this weekend, I'm so ready to hear the new equipment. I love car audio, especially loud, low, deep bass... it's what really got me into sound systems altogether.

I hope you can get that amp repaired, I know it will bring back lots of good memories.
Thanks Glock for posting. Sounds like you are going to have a nice set-up. Care to post some pics? I think many of us started out with a thirst for car audio then progressed to the home environment. Really appreciate you sharing with us.

Cheers,

Phil

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
speaking of amps built like tanks....Im still playing an old Clarion Pro Audio 4 x 75watts. I bought it used, from a car audio shop in Lakeland Fl, back in 1997.

This amp is stable down to 2 ohms when in stereo, has built in crossovers, and can be bridged to 150 watts rms x 2. I believe the model is APA-4300.

Peace,
Tommy

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
speaking of amps built like tanks....Im still playing an old Clarion Pro Audio 4 x 75watts. I bought it used, from a car audio shop in Lakeland Fl, back in 1997.

This amp is stable down to 2 ohms when in stereo, has built in crossovers, and can be bridged to 150 watts rms x 2. I believe the model is APA-4300.

Peace,
Tommy
Hello Tommy, and thanks for sharing. Clarion at one time was real good. However, I have had nothing but reliability issues with them over at the shop. They, like several others, has been sold a few times. Back in 97, Clarion was still Clarion if you know what I mean. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I used to love Clarion head units, but I don't like what they have to offer now. I currently have an Alpine CDA-9807 that still works great, except the tuner barely picks up any radio stations. I'm thinking about replacing it with the CDA-9887 and getting the Imprint kit, as I hear it makes a night and day difference in sound quality, but I have to save up for a while after all the other stuff I've bought lately.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks Glock for posting. Sounds like you are going to have a nice set-up. Care to post some pics? I think many of us started out with a thirst for car audio then progressed to the home environment. Really appreciate you sharing with us.

Cheers,

Phil
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow, I should have gotten some along the way so far, but didn't have my camera with me since I've been doing the work at a friends house since he has more tools and equipment than I do. But here are a few pics.

The Elemental Designs 15A that's in my car now.

The 13Ov2s that are going in my car. The pic is just of one of them, but I'm going with 2 of them in sealed boxes, about 1.277 ft.^3 after the subs displacement.

I'm running JL Audio XR650-CXi coaxials in the rear deck, and JL Audio XR650-CSi components up front. The system sounds pretty good now, but I hope it will sound much better after I get the new amps and subs in, along with the wiring upgrades and also the new Optima yellow top battery I'm putting in very soon. I'm still running the battery that came with the car back in 2002, so I figure it definitely can't hurt to put a new quality battery in, especially with all the power these new amps are going to be drawing.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I used to love Clarion head units, but I don't like what they have to offer now. I currently have an Alpine CDA-9807 that still works great, except the tuner barely picks up any radio stations. I'm thinking about replacing it with the CDA-9887 and getting the Imprint kit, as I hear it makes a night and day difference in sound quality, but I have to save up for a while after all the other stuff I've bought lately.
Yeah, the 9887 is a very nice deck. Really like the SQ that comes with it. Then, once you do the IMPRINT SOUND things can be set more to your own personal taste. However, most that come into my shop do good to turn them on. ;);) I also like the pics you posted. Thanks for the updaste my friend. Feel free to post more.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Almost got the install done last night, but we ran out of daylight and ran into a couple unexpected problems, so hopefully it will get finished up tonight. I forgot to take my camera with me, so I'll just have to get some pics of everything once it's all done. So far I'm very pleased with how everything is turning out, I just hope it sound good after all this work.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Almost got the install done last night, but we ran out of daylight and ran into a couple unexpected problems, so hopefully it will get finished up tonight. I forgot to take my camera with me, so I'll just have to get some pics of everything once it's all done. So far I'm very pleased with how everything is turning out, I just hope it sound good after all this work.
Great, looking forward to seeing the finished product then. Oh, I am sure it is going to sound sweet. Hey, it has too right.........after all that hard work there is just no alternative. ;);) Thanks once again for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Got it all done, just have to get some pics up tomorrow. The highs sound a lot better now, I can tell there is more power on them, and for the subs, I still have some tweaking to do on the amp, and they are brand new so I'm going to have to get used to how they sound, but so far I'm very happy.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Got it all done, just have to get some pics up tomorrow. The highs sound a lot better now, I can tell there is more power on them, and for the subs, I still have some tweaking to do on the amp, and they are brand new so I'm going to have to get used to how they sound, but so far I'm very happy.
Great, looking forward to seeing some pics tomorrow. I guess your new subs just need to break in some too. Anyways, thanks for keeping us posted. We anxiously await for your pics and initial impressions.

Cheers,

Phil

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, the subs definitely need to break in a bit, I can already tell a bit of a difference in how they sound in the short amount of play time they have had. I'm also anxious to put my 15A back in and hear how it sounds with the new amp, that thing should really pound hard now. I'll get the pics up as soon as possible, It's nothing super spectacular to look at, but if you saw how it loooked before, it's a night and day difference.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Got a few quick pics

Shot of the JL Audio tweeter

Headunit

The subs

Amp Rack

Distribution Block and other wiring

Remote Gain Knob

Last edited:
GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks, I didn't have anything to do with the install of the headunit or speakers, just the subs and amps. I really wish I had some pics of what it looked like before we started, but all I have are some pics of the system that was originally put in this car before I switched amps the first time.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks, I didn't have anything to do with the install of the headunit or speakers, just the subs and amps. I really wish I had some pics of what it looked like before we started, but all I have are some pics of the system that was originally put in this car before I switched amps the first time.
Wow, very nice Glock! Way to go man. :cool::cool: Heck, I could really use you over at the shop......LOL!!!!! ;);) It is a very nice, clean set-up. Kudos to you my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis