orb audio vs klipch

S

SDDSfan

Enthusiast
hey folks, I need some advice on upgrading my cheap system with either synergy III b2 speaker package, or orb audio mod 1 or 2 5.1 home theater package selling currently. How great are these speakers?

from what I read these little guys have a base punch that you hear from high end floor standers

anyone compare them together.

would anyone know if the orb audio speakers would surpass the klipsch speakers in sound quality and bass? Do they do high frequency noises similiar to klipsch's

E

EnzoPolotso

Audioholic Intern
Apples to oranges. Do you NEED speakers as small as the orbs? Obviously they aren't going to put out as much bass as bookshelf speakers. That's not even a question. Subwoofer quality I'm not sure about. The Orb sub is supposed to be phenomenal with the orb speakers, never heard what comes with the Klipsch. With treble, different strokes. The orbs don't even have a tweeter while the klipsch are horn loaded. There's just no way to compare these speakers.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Apples to oranges. Do you NEED speakers as small as the orbs? Obviously they aren't going to put out as much bass as bookshelf speakers. That's not even a question. Subwoofer quality I'm not sure about. The Orb sub is supposed to be phenomenal with the orb speakers, never heard what comes with the Klipsch. With treble, different strokes. The orbs don't even have a tweeter while the klipsch are horn loaded. There's just no way to compare these speakers.
Yep, totally different leagues these speakers are.:D

L

Limeman

Enthusiast
Hi. I can't speak for the Klipch speakers, but I have owned the basic 5.1 Orb setup with a center channel Mod2 upgrade and can say that for small to medium sized rooms, these speakers can really hold their own. They are a very effortless speaker to listen to and the center channel in particular is extremely smooth. The hot setup would be to go with Mod2's for right, left and center, and then just use the Mod1's for surround.

The Super Eight is a very good sounding subwoofer with plenty of low-end energy and is also quite musical to boot. I'm certain there are bigger, badder subs out there, bur for it's size and price, it's a real winner. My suggestion would be to take advantage of Orb's 30-day trial policy and give them a go. If you're not happy, send them back and try something else.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis