Orb Audio Subwoofer

pinnace0

pinnace0

Enthusiast
:eek: I broke the input (phono) plug on the back of my Orb audio sub woofer. I not certain what to do next.

It appears to be fairly easy repair. Could a clever amateur with a soldering iron fix this or do I send it out? If I attempt a home repair Is there much risk of increasing distortion with a sloppy job?

I seriously do not have a clue.

PIN

patnshan

patnshan

Senior Audioholic
pinnace0 said:
:eek: I broke the input (phono) plug on the back of my Orb audio sub woofer. I not certain what to do next.

It appears to be fairly easy repair. Could a clever amateur with a soldering iron fix this or do I send it out? If I attempt a home repair Is there much risk of increasing distortion with a sloppy job?

PIN
I would give them a call.

Pat

V

Vigor

Junior Audioholic
pinnace0 said:

PIN
Yes it is easy repair, but you have to know what you are doing. I will buy a new input and change them. :)

S

stevem650

Audioholic Intern
PinnaceO..Not to hijack your thread, but how do you like the orbs. Which model are you using? I am thinking about purchasing the model 2 and I was wondering if the sound will fill a 15x30 listening area. Also, are they made well and look good? (Need to keep wife happy) Thanks

pinnace0

pinnace0

Enthusiast
I think the Orb's are fantastic..

The speakers are about the size of a small grapefruit. to my humble ears and for that matter those of friends and neighbors, they sound terrific. If you read the review posted on this site it is accurate to my experience.

I am using paired speakers (called Mod 2) for the center and sides and single speakers (called Mod 1) for the presence and rears. The system is powered by a Yamaha 2600. I used Blue Jean Cables.

My system was designed from reading reviews and posts on this site.

The installation was in a family room 13X26. The house has an open floor plan. It is a large space. I placed the speakers as best I could and relied on YPAO (Automatic Speaker Leveling "Gizmo") to balance the sound.

I was doing a remodel, speaker size was issue. Obviously, I am not a home theater expert. But this answer is so simple, and it sounds so cool. I heard beautiful music in less than an hour

Pinn:cool:

S

stevem650

Audioholic Intern
pinnace0...Have you heard the Anthony Gallo A'Diva Ti's? I can't make up my mind which to get. The Gallo's are more expensive and also have great reviews. Can you play the Orb's loud? I am going to use them for music as well as theater. I have the new Yamaha 1600 with YPAO. I am using old Klipsch speakers on it now and love the sound. I need small speakers (need to keep wife happy) to fit in a new intertainment unit.

pinnace0

pinnace0

Enthusiast
Orb Audio

I believe I read on this forum the creator of the Orb speakers was once a chief engineer with "Anthony Gallo A'Diva Ti's"?

I play the music loud with no issues.

Orb Audio has been a "Standup" company to do businsess with. I made a mistake in my order. Orb caught the mistake called for confirmation and saved me some bucks .

Orb offers a money back guarantee. If you are serious, You could order the speakers from Orb set them up and see if you like them.

If you do not like the speakers you can always send em back and buy the Gallos...

Cheers
PIN:cool:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis