Optoma HD72 DLP Projector Review

David Gaudreau

David Gaudreau

Full Audioholic
So would i be able to use this projector in a room 17'wide 24' deep by 10' high? wanted a 120" screen 3 rows of seats main viewing seats at 15.5 feet from screen wall. Is this do-able?

J

Jay001

Audiophyte
Costco.ca/costco.com

It's nice to see a deal in Canada for a change. Costco.ca is offering the Optoma HD6800, DVI cable, 92 inch screen and ceiling mount for $1824.99 plus tax whereas Costco.com has the same projector, and 106 inch screen for $1999.99.
Great to be in Canada!
Cheers,
Jay

J

Jay001

Audiophyte
Up-Conversion

Hi all,
Need some help again! Wow, do I ever have a lot to learn.

I am wondering if the HD72 does any type of up-conversion of DVDs? I have an older DVD player and would consider getting one of the newer up-converting ones, but if the projector already does this then what would be the point.
Thanks for any input.
Cheers,
Jay

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Upconversion

Jay,
Any fixed pixel display (LCD, Plasma, Front/Rear Projector, etc.) will convert the incomming signal to its native resolution (720p in the case of the Optoma HD72). The reason for an upscalling DVD player is that you can feed the display its native resolution and some players like the Oppo have much better conversion chips than the ones bulit into the display.

Also, check out the beginners section of the site for plenty of good articles on A/V components and systems.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis