Optoma HD70 vs evry other projector

J

Jimilu

Audiophyte
Next week i will buy for my office a HD70 projector, a 200 dollars( ia m thinking a gray one) screen and a ceiling mount. I need to show clients Hidef video. The place where i will put the projector does not have ouside light.
Now, with a 1500 it looks to me that for a 107" screen is very cheap.
Will the same investment work on my home for watching tv or playing xbox360? I have a 38" sony crt hidef tv, and now that i think in 107" i looks small.
On my hosue i have windows, kids, etc.... is it worth it, or should i buy, say a HD72?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
You need a dark room for a projector. Too many windows and not enough window treatments wreck havoc on even the best projectors. In a bright room, an LCD is best, then plasma. Plasma screens tend to show reflections more than LCD.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There's no reason it won't work in your home, but you have to use it after dark or fully treat the room for light blocking.

Jimilu said:
for my office... I need to show clients Hidef video... place where i will put the projector does not have outside light...
You're golden. Go get it and a cheap screen. Check the throw distance to be sure you can hit whatever size screen you get.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis