Optoma HD70 Projector Review - $999 for 720p DLP!

N

nucoolmint

Audiophyte
phidelt said:
Great review, what led me here was a problem with my HD70 that I think may be easily corrected. I have 25FT runs of both SCART/Component and straight component cables - each of which I have hooked up to my 5-7 year old Sony DVD player (dont have model # handy). My issue is that during indiscriminate times or scenes, the HD70 will "drop" the image completely with its blue splash screen, 2-5 seconds later, the image comes back. I have tried it with a SCART/Component cable as well as the straight component port and the same thing happens, even at the exact same moment in the scene on the DVD. I ran DVD over SVIDEO and no signal problems at all. My HDMI source (cable TV) has never dropped either.

Is this a cable problem? A signal degradation problem? a projector problem? If I had a spare DVD player that was easily removeable, my plan was to move it closer to the projector and test a different DVD player with a shorter cable, but I haven't been able to do that yet. It seems to happen with action scenes/sequences, and less on dramatic slightly moving images.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I have the same problem it drops in and out. I have the Sony DVD S5550D and the HD70. It works fine on S-Video. My cable run is aprox 33 feet. The image on component when present looks great. Is this a cable problem or HD70 not being able to hold on to the sync or maybe just the DVD player.

Cheers

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
What kind of time frame does it take for this to happen?

N

nucoolmint

Audiophyte
This was a problem with the DVD player. I now have the oppo 970HD and the component cables work fine.

P

patriciogac

Audiophyte
Clint:
Great review!
I tryed using Avia for calibration, but i did not like the results. can you publish the calibration numbers for the optoma d70 that the datacolor showed? Thank you!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis