Optoma HD70 clicking problems (Video)

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
I just got a used Optima HD70 that was working great until last night. It shut down correctly.
This morning I turned it on again and the orange LED lights flash and the power light stays green but no fan turns on, no light turns on and all I can hear is a slight clicking sound inside the case.

I have removed / reseated the bulb and while the bulb is old. I did not see a broken bulb. I also dusted out the projector and the problem still persists. Maybe you guys can help!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Failed fan? Or something wedged in there not allowing the fan to kick on?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You can't visibly tell on a projector whether the lamp is working or not working. The problem is most likely a lamp failure. It could potentially be the ballast (power supply) which is having issues as well. The clicking is likely the capacitor trying to start the lamp up, and not doing so. It tries several times then will go into a failure mode. Most likely a 'lamp failure' indication will be shown on the projector by the LED status indicators.

Page 37 of the manual: http://www.projectorcentral.com/pdf/projector_manual_3402.pdf

Green light on, amber light on = lamp error.

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
After looking at many things, could the color wheel have died? Whenever it used to start up there was a light high pitched sound when the color wheel spun up , but after a couple of seconds it went away.

There was never any of the traditional signs of it failing (colors changing, working for a short time than shutting down), it just worked one day, and shut off the next.

But, listening to failing color wheels, that high pitch sound does sound familiar, it just wasn't constant or very loud like the rest, just a couple seconds.

I

iKokomo

Audioholic Intern
Yay! Strangely enough, it was the color wheel! The bearings froze on it. New color wheel fixed it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Good feedback. Should help others.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis