Options for Mirage speakers

S

sbinkley

Junior Audioholic
I have an old Mirage MX 5.1 system (mint condition) that I will be upgrading. The sound from this little system is pretty impressive. Anyways, the satellites can be mounted upside down and I was wondering if these would work for Atmos speakers if I mounted them at the top of the wall upside down?

OR:

I have no gripes about the system, it has been babied but I feel dialogue is a struggle. Is there a center channel that you would recommend to use in place of one of the satellites that is the current center? I also would like to upgrade the sub to the Monolith 10"THX. Thanks for the help!

I am currently running a Pioneer Elite VSX90 (not the highest end of receivers but seems to do the job).

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Since they are omni directional, I wouldnt use them as atmos/dtsx.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Last edited:
S

sbinkley

Junior Audioholic
I would consider this center speaker: https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-mk442-dual-4-2-way-center-channel-speaker--300-456
Or if you need something a bit cheaper the Dayton C452 is pretty good. If you have 140ish I'd get (3) mk442 for the front three. Was glowingly reviewed here on AH recently. Your Pioneer receiver is a good one, so no worries. I don't have Atmos. Better to review some threads here. There are a few articles as well. Welcome.
Thank you for the advice! I will check into it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis