K

Knitman

Enthusiast
Some time when I was another planet after my head trauma, I let my OPPO 205. I have regretted it this last 15mths when I had another series of head traumas the final one bringing 'me' back. I was horrified to have lost 5 years but also to have lost this machine.

They are far too expensive now. To cut this short, I managed to get one at almost the original cost. Not arrived yet. Reputable high end seller. All in good order.

My question is this: if i has not not already been updated with the 2019 update is it worth the risk of doing so?

My main reason for wanting this machine back i s the ability to play my DVD-Audios and SACDs but most of all the DAC.

Thank you for reading.

kind regards
colin

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
You are a lucky person for both surviving head trauma and for getting a 205 at the price you did. They are quickly becoming the disk player/DAC equivalent of a Pioneer SX-1980 or Sansui G-9090 receiver which now sell quickly for 5x to 10x their original cost.

K

Knitman

Enthusiast
Yes. Not much a day goes by without me acknowledging this. I i aback swimming too, 1300m in 45mins.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
AFAIK updates are still available thru Oppo....and congrats at finding one at that price! Recently on the classified here someone sold 203s for that much!

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Hi! I have a 203 and 205 as well as a 93, and would not hesitate to update yours. That said, I don't think there has been an update since beginning of last year or so, as well.

There is a facebook group that can help with tech questions and I can only think of one instance where someone actually needed to contact Oppo directly to have their issue resolved. Most of the posts are streaming related. My wife loves her AppleTV, but I still like getting up to change discs! :)

K

Knitman

Enthusiast
We prefer to buy the 4k disc, or BluRay, of action films.

My main reason for wanting my OPPO back is for the DAC and its ability to play several different music discs.

I will have to see when it gets here what I think of the 4k discs compared to the Panasonic UMP 9000 (those letters may be wrong.)

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
We prefer to buy the 4k disc, or BluRay, of action films.

My main reason for wanting my OPPO back is for the DAC and its ability to play several different music discs.

I will have to see when it gets here what I think of the 4k discs compared to the Panasonic UMP 9000 (those letters may be wrong.)
Yeah I understand, and for music, there is nothing better. Video quality, I doubt will ever be topped!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis