oppo-83 can't play certain DVD

V

vant1472

Audiophyte
Hi All, My first post. I have my Oppo83 for a year now. I recently upgraded the firmware. Now cannot play certain DVDs(Transformers3,Cars2 and few others). Also, my subtitle is off sync with the dialogue and sometime the words doesn't display. Thank you in advance for your help. Van

R

RichP714

Audiophyte
Hi All, My first post. I have my Oppo83 for a year now. I recently upgraded the firmware. Now cannot play certain DVDs(Transformers3,Cars2 and few others). Also, my subtitle is off sync with the dialogue and sometime the words doesn't display. Thank you in advance for your help. Van
I have the bdp-83SE with up-to-date firmware, and it hasn't met a disc it won't load and play yet. Did you reset the firmware after updating it?

J

JazzGuyy

Audiophyte
With any Oppo BR player you should always empty persistent storage (via the Setup menus) any time you have trouble playing a disc. Also power down and then power up the player again. This usually clears up the problem.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
With any Oppo BR player you should always empty persistent storage (via the Setup menus) any time you have trouble playing a disc. Also power down and then power up the player again. This usually clears up the problem.
+1. You should actually do this every time you install new firmware. I just updated mine last week as well and have not had any issues.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis