Oppo 203 or 205 or media player

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
Hi hope every one fine
is there is any media player that sound quality is fine then oppo 203 or 205 for movies
I tried zappiti 4k mini hdr and zidoo z9s
The sound quality is not good like oppo 203
Thanks

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Oppo units thrive on audio...that's partially what sets them apart.

I assume you're playing blu-ray discs on this player...the Sony ubp x700 is actually not a bad player for the money.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
Hi hope every one fine
is there is any media player that sound quality is fine then oppo 203 or 205 for movies
Thanks
You tried the cheaper Zappiti. If you went with the high end one that is over $1000, that has their high end audio chips in it. Also try the Panasonic UBP-9000. Is $1000 and is very high end for 4k players. Matches the Oppo-203/205. Oppo 205 would be 1A and UBP-9000 would be 1B.

2channel lover

You tried the cheaper Zappiti. If you went with the high end one that is over $1000, that has their high end audio chips in it. Also try the Panasonic UBP-9000. Is $1000 and is very high end for 4k players. Matches the Oppo-203/205. Oppo 205 would be 1A and UBP-9000 would be 1B.
I own the 205...one helluva universal player, but primarily for movies? I also concur on the pana unit you mentioned, but I don't think I would have made that kind of investment strictly for movie audio...curious what kind of speakers, HT space the OP is working with.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I own the 205...one helluva universal player, but primarily for movies? I also concur on the pana unit you mentioned, but I don't think I would have made that kind of investment strictly for movie audio...curious what kind of speakers, HT space the OP is working with.
I wish I would've jumped on the 203/205 when they were still being made. now the price for them is outrageous. I agree 205 would not need to be for movies primarily. The 203 is plenty good for a full universal player. The Panasonic Ub-820 is also a very solid player. You can find those on sale for under $400 throughout the year. I think that's a steal of a deal.

2channel lover

I wish I would've jumped on the 203/205 when they were still being made. now the price for them is outrageous. I agree 205 would not need to be for movies primarily. The 203 is plenty good for a full universal player. The Panasonic Ub-820 is also a very solid player. You can find those on sale for under $400 throughout the year. I think that's a steal of a deal.
The 205 was a sizeable notch up in price...so I waffled back and forth for about an hour maybe finally decided on the 205 and now that 1300 seems cheap. Easily the best source I've owned.

Agree 100% on the 203 and the Pana...that's a nice price slot for a solid movie player capable of good audio.

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
The Oppo Clones (M9200, M9201, M9203, M9205) have the best picture and sound on the market. If you have any further questions or are interested, just contact me ...

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Oppo Clones (M9200, M9201, M9203, M9205) have the best picture and sound on the market. If you have any further questions or are interested, just contact me ...
How about just providing some actual detail other than stealing oppo design (maybe, could be you product is a signicantly poor copy)?

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
As I already said 100% same picture and audio quality …

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As I already said 100% same picture and audio quality …
According to you? Where's the third party testing? Identity of actual manufacturer? Service/warranty support?

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
1 year warranty, sold hundreds, no defective unit so far.

Find someone who wants to test if it’s 1:1 as Oppo, we will send a unit.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You can become a vendor level member here and send it to Gene for testing. Remember, it will be an unbiased, fully measured evaluation.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
...or for that matter send one to Amir at audiosciencereview.com....

M92XX

M92XX

Enthusiast
Ok, will wait until new year, maybe we must stop production because the worldwide situation makes us problems getting parts for the player. If we can continue producing, I will talk to the producer about it.

S

sterling shoote

I purchased my OPPO-205 expressly to enjoy 5.1 SACDs via OPPO's DACs outputting to a Sony 5.1 Analog Preamplifier TA-P9000ES. Glad I bought the OPPO, since now there are no longer any internal DAC 5.1 SACD Players out there, in fact, there's only one means to enjoy 5.1 SACDs in USA today, a DACless Sony UBP-X800M2 Universal Player which must be connected to an external multi-channel DAC via HDMI. For that connection I would need to buy a new AVR, or Pre-Pro. At any rate, I have also used the OPPO to play stereo streams via usb from computer to OPPO and I have played multi-channel and stereo music from flash drive to OPPO too. Both suffice but the usb connection does not link to OPPO's bass management control, which precludes proper bass integration. I still enjoy movies from DVD, Blu-ray, and Ultra BD discs via the OPPO and I am pleased with its no glitch performance.

Last edited:
S

sterling shoote

Hi hope every one fine
Thanks
Bottom-line is there is no divergence between a 203's audio quality and the 205's when outputting to an AVR or Pre-Pro via HDMI. It's the internal DACs which distinguish 203 from 205. The 205 uses a pair of 8 channel Saber ESS DACS to better the 203's audio delivered by a single DAC.

Last edited:
mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
If your looking for an Oppo replacement you might consider "Reavon" two models available UBR-X100 and the UBR-X200 full details here, HTTPS://reavon.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis