Oppo 203 or 205 or media player

M

Mahmood kasi

Audiophyte
Hi hope every one fine
is there is any media player that sound quality is fine then oppo 203 or 205 for movies
I tried zappiti 4k mini hdr and zidoo z9s
The sound quality is not good like oppo 203
Thanks

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Oppo units thrive on audio...that's partially what sets them apart.

I assume you're playing blu-ray discs on this player...the Sony ubp x700 is actually not a bad player for the money.

M

Movie2099

Full Audioholic
Hi hope every one fine
is there is any media player that sound quality is fine then oppo 203 or 205 for movies
I tried zappiti 4k mini hdr and zidoo z9s
The sound quality is not good like oppo 203
Thanks
You tried the cheaper Zappiti. If you went with the high end one that is over $1000, that has their high end audio chips in it. Also try the Panasonic UBP-9000. Is $1000 and is very high end for 4k players. Matches the Oppo-203/205. Oppo 205 would be 1A and UBP-9000 would be 1B.

2channel lover

You tried the cheaper Zappiti. If you went with the high end one that is over $1000, that has their high end audio chips in it. Also try the Panasonic UBP-9000. Is $1000 and is very high end for 4k players. Matches the Oppo-203/205. Oppo 205 would be 1A and UBP-9000 would be 1B.
I own the 205...one helluva universal player, but primarily for movies? I also concur on the pana unit you mentioned, but I don't think I would have made that kind of investment strictly for movie audio...curious what kind of speakers, HT space the OP is working with.

M

Movie2099

Full Audioholic
I own the 205...one helluva universal player, but primarily for movies? I also concur on the pana unit you mentioned, but I don't think I would have made that kind of investment strictly for movie audio...curious what kind of speakers, HT space the OP is working with.
I wish I would've jumped on the 203/205 when they were still being made. now the price for them is outrageous. I agree 205 would not need to be for movies primarily. The 203 is plenty good for a full universal player. The Panasonic Ub-820 is also a very solid player. You can find those on sale for under $400 throughout the year. I think that's a steal of a deal.

2channel lover

I wish I would've jumped on the 203/205 when they were still being made. now the price for them is outrageous. I agree 205 would not need to be for movies primarily. The 203 is plenty good for a full universal player. The Panasonic Ub-820 is also a very solid player. You can find those on sale for under $400 throughout the year. I think that's a steal of a deal.
The 205 was a sizeable notch up in price...so I waffled back and forth for about an hour maybe finally decided on the 205 and now that 1300 seems cheap. Easily the best source I've owned.

Agree 100% on the 203 and the Pana...that's a nice price slot for a solid movie player capable of good audio.

Latest posts

newsletter
  • RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis