Opinion on Emotiva A4 amp

S

sgt1255

Enthusiast
Just was curious with the several UK brands in your list :) Will all your gear be appropriate for the electrical system there? Wonder if it might also yield better pricing for those brands over there? I haven't speaker shopped particularly for a while. I do like my JBL 590s, and they do go on sale fairly regularly for under $1k/pr.....
Only JBL 500 series bookshelf speakers I see on their page are the 530 and the 590 floor standing.

Ken

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Only JBL 500 series bookshelf speakers I see on their page are the 530 and the 590 floor standing.

Ken
Yeah they've been shrinking the line somewhat over the last few years it seems, altho it seems to reappear now and then with other models as well, but the main ones seem to be the 590/530 lately. I have the 590s, 580s, 530s and a 520 (altho swapped it out for an Infinity RC263 recently). The 590s at $900-1000 pr I think is a very good value....the asesthetic isn't for everyone and shipping to Dublin could be expensive as well.....

S

sgt1255

Enthusiast
Yeah they've been shrinking the line somewhat over the last few years it seems, altho it seems to reappear now and then with other models as well, but the main ones seem to be the 590/530 lately. I have the 590s, 580s, 530s and a 520 (altho swapped it out for an Infinity RC263 recently). The 590s at $900-1000 pr I think is a very good value....the asesthetic isn't for everyone and shipping to Dublin could be expensive as well.....
I am not worried about the shipping. If I buy stateside, my company will be shipping free of charge for me. That's why I want to het here. I am looking at bookshelf. Whats your opinion on ELAC Debut Reference DBR62.

Ken

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I am not worried about the shipping. If I buy stateside, my company will be shipping free of charge for me. That's why I want to het here. I am looking at bookshelf. Whats your opinion on ELAC Debut Reference DBR62.

Ken
I've seen good measurements/reports about that ELAC speaker but no experience. I think we have an owner or two around here....

Might also consider SVS Ultra or Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1s or Sierra-2s or Revel 105s....

S

sgt1255

Enthusiast
I've seen good measurements/reports about that ELAC speaker but no experience. I think we have an owner or two around here....

Might also consider SVS Ultra or Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1s or Sierra-2s or Revel 105s....
I have been think of SVS and Accent Acoustics. Don't know about Revel

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I have been think of SVS and Accent Acoustics. Don't know about Revel
Revel is a great line of speakers. Tend to be kinda pricey but very good. I have Ascend Sierra-1 with the NrT tweeters myself (as well as 170SEs and 200SEs) and think they are excellent speakers, altho my JBLs work better in my larger living room, the Ascends are in my bedroom. I have some older SVS (MBS-02) speakers as well, no slouches at all. One nice thing about SVS is their in-home trial deal, you can return them and they pay the shipping round-trip; they may be available at Best Buy/Magnolia stores as well (plus they make very good subwoofers).

S

sgt1255

Enthusiast
Revel is a great line of speakers. Tend to be kinda pricey but very good. I have Ascend Sierra-1 with the NrT tweeters myself (as well as 170SEs and 200SEs) and think they are excellent speakers, altho my JBLs work better in my larger living room, the Ascends are in my bedroom. I have some older SVS (MBS-02) speakers as well, no slouches at all. One nice thing about SVS is their in-home trial deal, you can return them and they pay the shipping round-trip; they may be available at Best Buy/Magnolia stores as well (plus they make very good subwoofers).
I do want to get SVS or REL subs. This is the worse thing about shopping HiFi. So many choice and need to make sure you make the correct choice because you have to live with the choice for a long time. At least thats with me. When I bought my B&W, I was a little hesitant buying them but it turned out to be a outstanding choice back then. I really dont care for their current line up until I get to the 800 diamond series. The S2 will be moved to my room or another room. The new speakers will be my main speakers for music and home theater. I like to future proof my system so I will be getting the 1502 (found it for $350) because I stick with my components forever. I like to say I narrowed my choice to one of the ones I mention with KEF, Monitor Audio, ELAC, Q Acoustics, Martin Logan, DefTec, and SVS. I love Focal Diablo Utopia III but WAYYYYY over my price range. I really appreciate all of your assistance on this matter.l I just want to make sure I am happy with my speakers. I listen to hard rock and metal and sometimes county. Movies are action/adventure, war, and concerts mainly.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well good luck on your speaker hunt. I'd not bother with Rel subs myself, overpriced and underperforming generally, altho maybe in the UK could be a better deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis