OPEN BAFFEL CHOICE MAGNEPAN OR PAP

K

KIX912

Audiophyte
I listened to a set of Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1 at Rocky Audio Fest some time back and was truly
baffled (pun intended) I also own a pair of older Magnepan 2.7s and they are pretty amazing.

I currently own a pair of Focal Sopra 2 that I love but I want something different. So I am torn between the
Magnepan 20.7 and the Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1. Any lucky owners that have listened to both that can advice?
I have pretty nice size room.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Welcome to AH,

I don't own either of those loudspeakers. However, you might get a reply from several members with very positive opinions on both speakers. You wouldn't be more advanced as their opinion is subjective and it's a question of personal taste and the type of music someone listens to.

Your best bet would be to have the opportunity to listen to both in the same room with one or two of your CDs. At least try to listen to both anyway before committing to the purchase.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I listened to a set of Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1 at Rocky Audio Fest some time back and was truly
baffled (pun intended) I also own a pair of older Magnepan 2.7s and they are pretty amazing.

I currently own a pair of Focal Sopra 2 that I love but I want something different. So I am torn between the
Magnepan 20.7 and the Pure Audio Project Quintet 15 Horn 1. Any lucky owners that have listened to both that can advice?
I have pretty nice size room.
Magnepan have produced excellent speakers for years, with a range of planar speakers.

I would avoid that Quintet horn contraption. There is NO acceptable passive crossover solution for an open baffle speaker. A speaker of this design requires and active crossover solution and multiple amps.

Of the two the Magnepan is your best option.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis