Onkyo's iPhone Receiver Remote Control App

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Onkyo is announcing that it will launch a free iPhone/iTouch-compatible Remote Control App for its Networked AV receivers at the end of January 2011. The Onkyo Remote Control App will turn any iPhone or iTouch into a versatile, fully-functional, touch-driven wireless remote control that will integrate seamlessly with Onkyo's upcoming range of next generation Networked AV receivers, as well as many current and older networked models.

Discuss "Onkyo's iPhone Receiver Remote Control App" here. Read the article.

R

Red Barron

Enthusiast
That would be far cooler if I still had an iPhone. Hopefully they will build an app for us Droid folks as well.

Frans

Frans

Junior Audioholic
From that single image, it looks like their app could beat the crap out of the Denon / Marantz solution. If that's an iTunes read out I'm seeing there, Onkyo's really approaching it well.

Hell, if it's just an iPod read out, it's far out too!:eek:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Pioneer has an app for iPhone right now. Hopefully they make these for Android devices.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I have the sony ipod touch/iphone app for my sony blu ray player, and it's pretty cool, really makes entering text for youtube searches much easier than using the remote.

R

rworne

Audiophyte
Onkyo is announcing that it will launch a free iPhone/iTouch-compatible Remote Control App for its Networked AV receivers at the end of January 2011. The Onkyo Remote Control App will turn any iPhone or iTouch into a versatile, fully-functional, touch-driven wireless remote control that will integrate seamlessly with Onkyo's upcoming range of next generation Networked AV receivers, as well as many current and older networked models.
That's not Onkyo's app. The App is called oRemote and I am the developer of it. It is a remote control App for Onkyo AVRs, but it was independently developed. I'd post a link for it, but I'm not allowed. Look for "ORemote" on facebook.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
That's not Onkyo's app. The App is called oRemote and I am the developer of it. It is a remote control App for Onkyo AVRs, but it was independently developed. I'd post a link for it, but I'm not allowed. Look for "ORemote" on facebook.
Imo Onkyo did announced about development of similar app to oRemote or simple purchase and rebranding. If AH did used oRemote screenshot without mentioning it or it's the one provided by Onkyo if they are going to rebrand oRemote - I don't know

R

Radio Flyer

Enthusiast
How much better sound quality would you get using an Onkyo AV and their app compared to running my av to the computer and using ITunes remote from the ITouch?

R

rworne

Audiophyte
Imo Onkyo did announced about development of similar app to oRemote or simple purchase and rebranding. If AH did used oRemote screenshot without mentioning it or it's the one provided by Onkyo if they are going to rebrand oRemote - I don't know
That's the point. If they were planning on rebranding oRemote, I would know about it, wouldn't I? The only contact I had with Onkyo are the bug reports I've filed regarding their network protocol.

There are two other Onkyo-compatible apps on the App store, perhaps it is one of those?

Last edited:
R

rworne

Audiophyte
I'll post a link for ya buddy..

Really makes me wish that Anthem D2v had an Ethernet connection and IP address....
I just announced a new feature this evening. Unlike Onkyo's app, I'm working to support as many AVRs as possible. It now works via the AVR's RS-232 port with no wires. You need to buy an adapter box and attach it to the AVR to get it to work, but if someone is really attached to their 4 or 5 year old equipment, this will help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis