Onkyo tx nr797 keeps turning the sub volume down to -15

D

djskin

Audiophyte
For the first 2 years that i owned this unit it was super awesome, but as of the latest firmware update it keeps turning the sub volume down to -15 (all the way down), will even do it in the middle of watching something. This problem is so annoying and i did not go the extra mile by getting 2 subs, thx rated ones, to have them sit there doing nothing cause my Onkyo keeps turning the volume down to them... does anyone know (1) why this is happening (2) how can i get it to stop ???

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd first try just a soft reset (unplug the avr from power for a bit). If that didn't do it I'd run a full factory/microprocessor reset per your manual.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
For the first 2 years that i owned this unit it was super awesome, but as of the latest firmware update it keeps turning the sub volume down to -15 (all the way down), will even do it in the middle of watching something. This problem is so annoying and i did not go the extra mile by getting 2 subs, thx rated ones, to have them sit there doing nothing cause my Onkyo keeps turning the volume down to them... does anyone know (1) why this is happening (2) how can i get it to stop ???
My sub system is always at -15.
Anymore and my house might come off the foundation.
If yours are doing nothing at -15, ya got issues.
Might want to tell us what your subs are...THX Certified doesn't mean much.

-15 is probably what was determined when you used Onkyo's room correction....if its doing that in the middle of something, do a full reset of the Onkyo.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My sub system is always at -15.
Anymore and my house might come off the foundation.
If yours are doing nothing at -15, ya got issues.
Might want to tell us what your subs are...THX Certified doesn't mean much.

-15 is probably what was determined when you used Onkyo's room correction....if its doing that in the middle of something, do a full reset of the Onkyo.
Or you have the gain on your sub set too high....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis