Onkyo RZ50 cannot find wifi

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
My RZ50 lost it's wifi connection. When I click "scan networks", it sees nothing. Not even any neighbor's wifi, which all my other devices always do. What is the first thing I should do to remedy this?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
First, try going to Hardware settings and then into Network settings. Turn WiFi OFF for a bit and then back ON. See if that works. If network is not displayed at all, unplug the unit for a bit and then plug it back in and check settings for the network.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
I tried turning wifi off then back on aleady. It diplays wifi "on", click start, scan networks stays blank as it displays "searching". Use IOS device and Use Google Home both display. I did power off and then back on. I'll leave it off longer once.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It works now. Plus I got the connection back on my Android tablet. I tried powering it off and also unplugging for a couple seconds. Powering back up, wifi was on and connected.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
It works now. Plus I got the connection back on my Android tablet. I tried powering it off and also unplugging for a couple seconds. Powering back up, wifi was on and connected.
Always unplug for a bit with these Onkyo/Pioneer/Integras....they need a network refresh every so often especially if your modem/router has reset/rebooted.
A little time unplugged sets them right.
Sometimes you can even see "Please Wait" trying to get into setup...unplugging cures that as well. Pretty sure thats tied in with Dirac's network connection.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, turning it "off" is more just going into standby....unplug for a soft reset.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I generally need few resets with my wifi (also hard for me to hardwire and generally no issues to push me in that direction). I think when I do have issues, it's more caused by my provider rather than something on my network particularly (but I do use ISP provided modem/router).

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Probably needed a reset. We had a massive Internet outage in the area on Friday during the morning, until early afternoon.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis