T

timmyleohoward

Audioholic Intern
Since Onkyo bought Pioneer are the Pioneer
Elite series the same quality for the price?

B

bikdav

Senior Audioholic
It's hard to say. Some of the options were "adopted" by Pioneer. But, their respective set up functions and operations are different.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I would not put them in the same class. Be aware that Sound United owns all of these brands...
Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Integra, and Pioneer.

At this point we haven't seen these companies merge into one, but continue to compete against each other.

Pretty much only Yamaha seems to be the one standing in competition with all of these other brands.

But, I would not call Onkyo and Pioneer, just as I wouldn't call either of them a Denon. But, I certainly would lump Denon and Marantz together for their design implementation. Yet, they are still separate in purpose.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I would not put them in the same class. Be aware that Sound United owns all of these brands...
Denon, Marantz, Onkyo, Integra, and Pioneer.

At this point we haven't seen these companies merge into one, but continue to compete against each other.

Pretty much only Yamaha seems to be the one standing in competition with all of these other brands.

But, I would not call Onkyo and Pioneer, just as I wouldn't call either of them a Denon. But, I certainly would lump Denon and Marantz together for their design implementation. Yet, they are still separate in purpose.
Sound United backed out of the Onkyo/Integra/Pioneer deal.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis