Onkyo HT-R560 ~2009-2020: RIP

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
After (*blushes...) about 11 years of being a workhorse in our home... dating back to our first Flat Panel 40" LCD Samsung and PS3 with Metal Gear Solid Bundle...

It slipped unceremoniously into protection mode today.

It came as part of the HTIB system, HT-S5100. We bought it from a Circuit City near where we lived, just south of San Francisco, in San Mateo County.

Nothing else to do but yank it and plot the replacement.

Does anybody else see a Denon in my future? ;)

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lessee 2020 - 2009 = 11. :) Did that one ever get the extended warranty hdmi/network board rework? That the CC that was near Serramonte?

It just knew you'd rather have a Denon....

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Can I not do math right now? Huh. F me gently with a chainsaw. :p

Just opposite Colma off the 280.

Never been serviced or updated.

;) :cool:
I'd blame coronaweirdness.

Yeah I think we're talking same CC. Were you there long enough to know what top of the hill Daly City referred to? :)

Too bad it didn't crap out while the extended warranty was around (expired 2018) if it met the conditions, just how did it fail? My HT-RC370 I got in 2011 did fail a couple years ago not long before the extended warranty expired, think it will go on quite a while longer now as it runs much cooler since.

What model you gonna aim at with Denon?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Gonna see what happens to the 4500, pricewise. Still 1599 on Amazon, etc... A4L Refurb for 999.
I was really hoping to see this last long enough to upgrade my Marantz and just move that back in the other room.

Ultimately, still considering that, but... Time will tell. I'm still strongly favoring the HTP-1 for my main rig, unless they get the Denon family updated with customizable pre-amp mode per channel like the 8500. (The 6700 would do everything else I want!) But now with Denon dropping all the new Video tech upgrades, Monolith/ATI needs to catch up.
If they drop an HTP1.1 with the same basic video upgrades the Denons are offering, plus the Dirac Live with BM... that would be a dream machine. I haven't followed the AVS HTP1 Owners thread over the last month, but in general, they seem to have got that thing to about 90%, all during Corona Shutdown. None of the other Processors in that category were working right.

Regardless, the Lady doesn't like the Marantz for some reason... She doesn't like the dials. And she's murder on remote controls.
(FML)
:p

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Patients my friend. I'm sure the new stuff from Denon will be good.

I will say I sold so many of that Onkyo system while at CC. Good memories.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Regardless, the Lady doesn't like the Marantz for some reason... She doesn't like the dials. And she's murder on remote controls.
(FML)
:p
I don't care for the porthole thing myself....at least the menus are very similar and should be an easy transition to Denon.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
At this point the leader is a 3600, assuming they came back in stock at a good discounted price. I'm hoping to see something in the $549-699 range, though not for at least 2-4 weeks, I would guess.
That would put the timing on par with when my 6012 was discounted and I pulled the trigger on that over the 5012 (July 2018, 6012 @899down from 1599 list, 5012 was retailing at 999.)

The outlier would be the 4500 refurb from A4L at 999 right now.

I have no interest in Yam, Onk, or Pio. Anthem would be intriguing but way out of the bracket I'm shopping.

Separates are out of the question.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis