Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
OK. So against my better judgement I bought an Onkyo DV-CP802 6 disc player from Ubid.com a little less than a month ago. (nothing against ubid at this point) (man. refurb.) (1 year Onkyo warr.) On Christmas morning, with my family over, in the middle of shuffling thru 6 CDs of christmas songs, the player just up and died. No longer recognizes any discs at all.

I have talked to Onkyo support and customer service and warranty dept and support and customer service (get the picture?) and of course they reccomend sending it to a local service center for repair.

My dilemma is this: I was moderately unhappy with this players performance before it broke down. The random play is horrendous, plays maybe 20 songs off of 6 loaded discs and then decides it's time to quit. Furthermore, my gut tells me that the immediate problem is going to reoccur again somewhere down the line, possibly after the warranty has expired. Ideally speaking I'd love to somehow dump this turkey back to Onkyo and move on.

Can anyone suggest a tactic to accomplish this goal?

Somebody talk to me. Please, no I told'ya so's or why didn't you go with ....

M

Mort Corey

Senior Audioholic
Sorry, but I think your chances of accomplishing your goal....especially with a refurb unit.....are slim to none. Get it fixed and put it back up for sale with the warranty still attached might work.

Mort

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
That's my feeling as well, but I'll still put up a small stink with Onkyo anyway. I'll get it fixed and possibly give it another go. I thought it was a good deal at the time ($170) and worth the risk. Live and learn. Should have bucked up for a Denon.
Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis