Onkyo Dp-X1a can't load Tidal:

F

Flair

Audiophyte
Hi,

Does Anyone know how I can get Tidal on the Onkyo DP-X1A? It uses Andriod 5.1 and the Tidal App requires Android 6.0 or higher. Everywhere I look it has that it's Tidal compatible but tidal support can't help and Onkyo has no legitimate support for DAP in the United States.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Hi,

Does Anyone know how I can get Tidal on the Onkyo DP-X1A? It uses Andriod 5.1 and the Tidal App requires Android 6.0 or higher. Everywhere I look it has that it's Tidal compatible but tidal support can't help and Onkyo has no legitimate support for DAP in the United States.
You'll have to update it to a newer version of Android. If you can't, then that's it. 5.1 is VERY outdated so if there isn't an update for it I'm willing to bet a lot more apps are going to drop support for an OS that old.

G

giuseppe_1

Audiophyte
I have the same problem here in the UK. I'm using the DP-X1A just for Tidal. I checked if there is an update for the device, but it seems there is no one.
Can anybody help here, please?

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Time for newer stuff just like they planned for :) Unfortunately true in some scenarios, depending on how wisely you chose your needs/gear....

G

giuseppe_1

Audiophyte
Time for newer stuff just like they planned for :) Unfortunately true in some scenarios, depending on how wisely you chose your needs/gear....
:eek::eek:

thanks Lovinthehd... what to do then with the DP X1A? Good for the bin or it's time to leave Tidal for something else? Personally I'm bit tired of Tidal... Downloading the songs onto the dap and then listening to them using another app makes any sense?

In terms of "wisely choosing", what would be the suggestions for a new DAP? I'm not deep in the DAP matter, but I like listening to the music "more than decently". I am currently using the Sennheiser HD 600 with the DAP.

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

thanks Lovinthehd... what to do then with the DP X1A? Good for the bin or it's time to leave Tidal for something else? Personally I'm bit tired of Tidal... Downloading the songs onto the dap and then listening to them using another app makes any sense?

In terms of "wisely choosing", what would be the suggestions for a new DAP? I'm not deep in the DAP matter, but I like listening to the music "more than decently". I am currently using the Sennheiser HD 600 with the DAP.

Thanks
Maybe keep using it, personally am not a fan of Tidal or that awful codec called MQA :), but might make sure it works with another streaming service. I somewhat have the same issue on an older avr where it can't use Spotify (don't know if it was beyond the ability of a firmware update or if it was a hardware thing). Since I can do Spotify from so many other devices, it doesn't get in the way tho. I don't use a DAP particularly nor headphones so really not the guy to ask....

G

giuseppe_1

Audiophyte
Maybe keep using it, personally am not a fan of Tidal or that awful codec called MQA :), but might make sure it works with another streaming service. I somewhat have the same issue on an older avr where it can't use Spotify (don't know if it was beyond the ability of a firmware update or if it was a hardware thing). Since I can do Spotify from so many other devices, it doesn't get in the way tho. I don't use a DAP particularly nor headphones so really not the guy to ask....
Thanks Lovinthehd,
I'll investigate on what to do. In teh meanwhile, as you pointed out, I will keep using it.

H

hobbit66

Audiophyte
Hi,

I tried to find an Android 6.0 verion but gave up.

Found now an older Version of TIDAL by searching on the net and installed the apk file. I found Version 2.172.966.3 and it works without any problem.

Good luck

H

hobbit66

Audiophyte

Thanks

Found now an older Version of TIDAL by searching on the net and installed the apk file. I found Version 2.172.966.3 and it works without any problem.

Good luck

H

hobbit66

Audiophyte
I have the same problem here in the UK. I'm using the DP-X1A just for Tidal. I checked if there is an update for the device, but it seems there is no one.
Can anybody help here, please?

Thanks

Good luck

H

hobbit66

Audiophyte
hmm. the bot seems to be glitching today
Ther are people who are happy and say thank you that they are having personal answers and getting help and others who claim about a bot. I prefer contact with the ones I mentioned first.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
And some can let it go and don't say anything at all.;) Nice tip about the firmware, though. Welcome to the forums.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Ther are people who are happy and say thank you that they are having personal answers and getting help and others who claim about a bot. I prefer contact with the ones I mentioned first.
Hey, I take it back. We actually do get bots that do similar things so it's difficult to tell. We actually have an entire thread dedicated to our most persistent bot.

Since you found an answer, and was nice enough to post it for us, you really only had to answer once. You could have quoted all three, instead of posting three times.

That's what made you to appear bot-like.

Thanks for the answer, and welcome. :) You've been moved from the bot list, to the human list.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis