Onkyo and pioneer at ces

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Dirac at this price point will be a game changer. Really is needed in this avr market, with the decline of quality options. I’ve been testing a denon 4500 for a few months and it’s ok. Sound quality it’s comparable to something entry level 12 years ago and no improvement over what denon had put out since the 3311 model in 2010. We just keep buying receivers to add arc, earc, 4k, 8k, 9ch, 11ch, 13ch, or add features like Alexa control, Atmos, Dts x. How about we get something that improves sound quality.

Funny when we see reviews bragging about pre amp sections in these new avrs. Boasting how they can hit 1.5 or 2.5vrms before clipping with low distortion. When avrs 15 years ago were achieving 10-20vrms from preamp stage without clipping. Things have sure changed but it’s not too late. Hopeful!

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Anyone find out any new info on these new avrs?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Been wondering about when they might release some Dirac enabled avrs....first I'd seen in any case.

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Hopefully this is true but totally no proof yet. My local custom installer has just signed new contract with onkyo/integra and he says onkyo will have an avr that processes 13ch. Integra will have model comparable to arcam that is 16ch(with subs) and class d amps. Said these avrs will be 3000-4500. I’d like to find some proof of this online and post a link. Does anyone have any new information? Please let me know if you find anything.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Dirac at this price point will be a game changer. Really is needed in this avr market, with the decline of quality options. I’ve been testing a denon 4500 for a few months and it’s ok. Sound quality it’s comparable to something entry level 12 years ago and no improvement over what denon had put out since the 3311 model in 2010. We just keep buying receivers to add arc, earc, 4k, 8k, 9ch, 11ch, 13ch, or add features like Alexa control, Atmos, Dts x. How about we get something that improves sound quality.

Funny when we see reviews bragging about pre amp sections in these new avrs. Boasting how they can hit 1.5 or 2.5vrms before clipping with low distortion. When avrs 15 years ago were achieving 10-20vrms from preamp stage without clipping. Things have sure changed but it’s not too late. Hopeful!
What’s vrms?

Amplifiers, avrs cost way more then just 6 years ago . There used to be way more brand competition ... and sales are almost never much anymore.
I’d need a denon twice the price of my old Onkyo 818 to get around same power handling . It was like $660 new ...
I would had bought two if I knew prices would shoot up . At this point feels like I’ll never get a good one .
$2000 today gets you what $1200 did then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timforhifi

Timforhifi

Full Audioholic
Vrms is voltage or current sent from preamp section to amp or subwoofer.

prices will come back down after covid calms down and we have a new president. The Chinese tariff actually has had a horrible effect on our electronics. China actually pays less in taxes now after raising prices on everything. A new trade deal will restore order. Expect deals again by Black Friday. Avrs like denon 4700 and 3700 will come back down. Few years ago denon 3400 and 4400 were 550-800 new in stores. Paying 1000-1500 now is just nonsense. The Yamaha 3070 was $1099 new on Amazon when I got it. My marantz 7011 was $799 new on Amazon.

It’ll get better

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Figured I'd give some love to the other Onkyo thread.;) Could have sworn I'd given a thumbs up here earlier but guess I did not do so. 2019 Onkyo models, though scarce, remain available and sitting 2020 out wasn't the worst move considering the HDMI 2.1 fiasco. I've gone on about my 2019 Onkyo TX-NR696 in other threads. It is a perfectly respectable AVR and comparable to some 2020 models from Denon/Marantz and Yamaha. The 2020 models from those makers do not have fully functioning HDMI 2.1 features to date. I'm curious about Dirac in these units. I wonder if they will make any cosmetic changes to the units or if they will stay with the black brushed metal boxes. Maybe they will go the likes of Yamaha's new models with glossy curves. I'm hoping for a thoughtfully laid out remote control as the current one kinda' sucks.:confused: The Onkyo Controller app could also use a few updates. It will be nice to see more options out there with new Onkyo and Pioneer models competing again. Guess the 90's are coming back.;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis