ONE OR TWO RCA CABLES

W

WJGJ

Audioholic Intern
HELLO FOLKS

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ALL CAPS

I HAVE POOR EYESIGHT

REGARDING A LOW LEVEL CONNECTION TO A SUBWOOFER IS IT BETTER TO CONNECT ONE OR TWO RCA CABLES

S

Scott Y.

Enthusiast
If your processor/receiver has an LFE output or one that is label Subwoofer, then one cable.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Normally you’d use the one labeled LFE. Sometimes you can use two and it will raise the input sensitivity of the subwoofer amp. It will not provide any more max output. If you’re not having any issues with the auto on function I would just use one.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
HELLO FOLKS

PLEASE EXCUSE THE ALL CAPS

I HAVE POOR EYESIGHT

REGARDING A LOW LEVEL CONNECTION TO A SUBWOOFER IS IT BETTER TO CONNECT ONE OR TWO RCA CABLES
I don't see that your tube amps have a sub output, just speaker outputs, which you can't connect to one sub.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I don't see that your tube amps have a sub output, just speaker outputs, which you can't connect to one sub.
I'm assuming the connection would be between the pre/line stage and the sub, at least that's what I do.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Normally you’d use the one labeled LFE. Sometimes you can use two and it will raise the input sensitivity of the subwoofer amp. It will not provide any more max output. If you’re not having any issues with the auto on function I would just use one.
Agreed. I'm using one cable with a splitter on the sub end for this reason.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Did you decide not to use the Willsenton 300B integrated amp? It doesn't have low level outputs.

P.s. NM,. see your comment about having a Mingda pre-amp in your other thread,

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis