Once again: what are you listening to now?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Kaskade89052
Forgive, but why do you insist on triple posting everything? Usually we always encourage a single post to the thread best suited for the topic... yet you hit up 3 threads constantly! Its just simple etiquette, please.
Thank you.
:)

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
@Kaskade89052
Forgive, but why do you insist on triple posting everything? Usually we always encourage a single post to the thread best suited for the topic... yet you hit up 3 threads constantly! Its just simple etiquette, please.
Thank you.
:)
I was under the impression these were three separate, different topics -- an old one for "What Are You Listening to Now," a more current one for that topic (don't know why one of them wasn't locked at this point) and the "What Vinyl are You Listening to Now." I often post like this on every forum when the subject is suitable -- so in other words, if I listened to something on vinyl, I post in that particular thread, and if there's another one that, for instance, focuses on "What's Spinning on Your Turntable," I post there, as well.

No other forum has an issue with this; where do you prefer I post here? There is a dedicated vinyl thread AND a thread that says "What Are You Listening to Right Now"...which should I post in? I am, after all, listening to what I'm posting about...

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I was under the impression these were three separate, different topics -- an old one for "What Are You Listening to Now," a more current one for that topic (don't know why one of them wasn't locked at this point) and the "What Vinyl are You Listening to Now." I often post like this on every forum when the subject is suitable -- so in other words, if I listened to something on vinyl, I post in that particular thread, and if there's another one that, for instance, focuses on "What's Spinning on Your Turntable," I post there, as well.

No other forum has an issue with this; where do you prefer I post here? There is a dedicated vinyl thread AND a thread that says "What Are You Listening to Right Now"...which should I post in? I am, after all, listening to what I'm posting about...
I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying anything here, just to be clear. We all see your posts anytime we click "What's New." Whether you post once or thrice.
While a graffiti artist might hit a blank wall, or even three side by side... the best ones do new work on each rather than tagging "killroy was here," on all of them. :p
I already said my piece. I'm not a mod. To me, it's just etiquette. That's all. :)
You do you and enjoy!
:cool:
peace out - mic drop obama | Meme Generator

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not trying to stop you from enjoying anything here, just to be clear. We all see your posts anytime we click "What's New." Whether you post once or thrice.
While a graffiti artist might hit a blank wall, or even three side by side... the best ones do new work on each rather than tagging "killroy was here," on all of them. :p
I already said my piece. I'm not a mod. To me, it's just etiquette. That's all. :)
You do you and enjoy!
:cool:
peace out - mic drop obama | Meme Generator
I merely explained why I post it in different places...

For the life of me, I don't understand why there are two running "What Are You Listening To Now" threads; one should be locked if the bandwidth has been reached on it. It is indeed kind of confusing.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
For the life of me, I don't understand why there are two running "What Are You Listening To Now" threads; one should be locked if the bandwidth has been reached on it. It is indeed kind of confusing.
As I understand it the first thread was buggy for a while and wasn't playing back [media] links... apparently since been fixed (perhaps when they updated the site last year or whenever that was?).
I remember trying to use it for a while and it being twitchy. I switched to the second one thereafter.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
As I understand it the first thread was buggy for a while and wasn't playing back [media] links... apparently since been fixed (perhaps when they updated the site last year or whenever that was?).
I remember trying to use it for a while and it being twitchy. I switched to the second one thereafter.
Thanks for the info; guess I'll just post in the second one (and include any vinyl I play in that dedicated thread).

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Gary Numan is KING now, whatever I turn to, it’s all mind blowing earth shattering cool

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I was visiting a hifi shop a while ago, they were playing Gary Numan, Ghost Nation… through Piega Master Line Source 2 speakers and a huge Soulution integrated amp …. The guitars were so cooI I had to hold on to the sofa in order not to fall onto the floor …… YEZZZZZZZ

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
I used to follow this thread before it got so photo intensive. I used to like to scroll from the top of the page to the bottom trying out simple links and clips along the way. Thumbnails aren't so bad, or even a youtube clip, but the heaps of photos are just too much to scroll by. I stop by occasionally to see if it's calmed down some but it has not!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan

One projectile - one hit.
A new video from the band Antitila, shot right on the front lines in Bakhmut.

In the frame are real soldiers and real, non-staged work of Ukrainian artillery against enemy targets in the hottest spot in the world today - the city of Bakhmut.

In the manner characteristic of the Antibodies, who are not used to looking for easy ways to implement their own ideas, they again went to the front line and spent three days together with a howitzer calculation to shoot a new motivational video for all Ukrainian soldiers. Bakhmut became one of the symbols of this war. Both the song and the clip are dedicated to the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the entire Ukrainian people, who are fiercely resisting the Russian invaders. The filming was agreed, coordinated and supported by the command of the ground forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
The idea of the clip is that projectiles with quotes from the song written on them are sent by the unit in the direction of the enemy and destroy them, literally, with the words from the song.

For almost three days at sub-zero temperatures and under adverse weather conditions, the filming of the video work "Bakhmut Fortress" continued in real positions during the execution of combat missions near Bakhmut. Under the supervision of enemy reconnaissance vehicles, UAVs and the constant threat of hitting the positions with enemy cluster shells, lancets, as a result of the enemy's counter-battery fight.

In the frame is the combat unit 59 of the howitzer artillery division of the 45th separate artillery brigade.
In the clip, real hits on real enemy targets (accumulation of equipment, enemy BC) from a powerful gun provided by our partners, M777, popularly known as "Three Axes". One of the most accurate artillery installations in the world.
The shooting process began in advance. Together with the command, the defined positions were chosen and agreed upon, the targets were prepared. For the next two days, filming continued with simultaneous study of the area, the work of the unit and the destruction of the enemy.

Film crew consists of 4 people. Director – Viktor Skuratovskyi, operator – Serhiy Banderas, focus puller, camera mechanic Yuriy Konovalsky, producer, band director, musician and military man – Serhiy Vusyk.
Few people were ready to risk and go to such conditions, Antibodies, as always, brought more than 300 thousand dollars worth of equipment to the hottest place in the world, which was provided by the Patriot company, for which we are grateful that they were not afraid, because from there it could would not return.

"We have been looking for the idea of the clip for a long time. There were many valuable ones, but, unfortunately, in the conditions of the war, it was impossible to realize them. So we discussed alternative options with friends, in the end, the basis of the future scenario was proposed by director Kadym Tarasov. Viktor Skuratovskyi, Serhiy Vusyk together with the musicians of the band in a single creative team jointly refined the script and brought it to life. We shot the synchros already in Kyiv, at the Ice Stadium. This is a closed location, not for everyone, it seems that clips were not filmed there before, only expensive commercial projects. But the leadership of Lodovoy, having heard the song and the idea of the video, having learned why and by whom it is being made, gave permission for filming and all-round support. Also in the frame is the combat vehicle of the Maestro 130 bTRO medical unit, which was used on combat missions by the Antibodies. The main characters of the clip are not actors at all. And the real soldiers are 45 separate artillery brigades. There was no special casting. Until the last moment, until the film crew arrived on location, no one knew exactly who would be on them. This is a real unit that performed a combat mission while on combat duty. Serhii Vusyk and his team arrived at the location for the first time in their lives, met the boys, got to know each other and immediately started filming. Without decorations, without make-up, everything is as it really is - fuel oil, gunpowder, frost, weathered faces and rage," says Taras Topolya.

The cost of the clip is priceless. Some things will remain forever out of the picture.
With the aim of popularizing Ukrainian music abroad, getting acquainted with the heroic struggle of Ukraine, in particular the Ukrainian army. Antibodies will hold a number of concert events abroad. The first city is London. Also, together with the US embassy and the Ukrainian embassy in England, Antibodies will take part in important events dedicated to the anniversary of the war.

Author of the idea: Kadym Tarasov
Director: Viktor Skuratovskyi
Cinematographer: Serhiy Banderas
Camera focus/mechanic: Yuriy Konovalskyi
Editing and post-production - Kadim Tarasov
The creative team is the band Antitila and Brothers.

Music: Serhiy Vusyk, Taras Topolya
Arrangement: Serhiy Vusyk, Maksym Syvolap
Words: Taras Topolya.
Compilation, mastering: Yevhen Don.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Listened to this soundtrack while on the spin bike
IMG_8216.jpg

I caught her on PBS. I liked her songs so much that I purchased "The Essential Mary Chapin Carpenter" CD off of Amazon.
IMG_8217.jpg
IMG_8218.jpg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Going through my Natalie Merchant collection....going to see her in April at the Byham Theater in Pittsburgh.
In addition to her talent, her recordings are some of the best quality I've heard.

an-evening-with-natalie-merchant-tickets_04-26-23_17_637e7786b685c.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis