Once again: what are you listening to now?

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Herbie Hancock's "River, The Joni Letters" . No wonder he won a Grammy with such excellent record.

I'm also listening to Pat Metheny's Trio "Day Trip"....what can I say???. I'm a big fan of Pat Metheny's music so my opinion might be biased:D

Brett A

Brett A

Audioholic
Some of what I've listened to in the last 24 hours:

• The Best of Chet Baker Sings
  • Radiohead: Kid A
  • Freddy Cole: Music, Maestro Please
  • Jaquline Dupree: Hayden Cello Concerto No. 2 in D major
  • Agustus Pablo: King Tubby Meets Rockers Uptown.
  • Theloniuos Monk: Brilliant Corners
  • Jessica Williams: Live at Yoshi's Vols 1 and 2
  • Eric Dolphy: At the Five Spot

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Strange Advance "Worlds Away
The Tenants
Beethoven "Violin Concertoe in D"

The Chukker

The Chukker

Full Audioholic
Strange Advance "Worlds Away
The Tenants
Beethoven "Violin Concertoe in D"
It's great to see classical music make the list once in awhile :cool:. I saw your post and had to throw in Yo-Yo Ma's (with the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra) 2001 rendition of Bach's EBARME DICH; great classical music is so emotive in a way that other genres don't convey as well (with the exception of perhaps blues). I was watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" the other day on BD and I was pleasantly pleased to see Yo-Yo Ma credited with the opening and closing themes, hopefully classical music will always be relevant. Btw, I love Beethoven as well :D.
Take care.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's great to see classical music make the list once in awhile :cool:. I saw your post and had to throw in Yo-Yo Ma's (with the Amsterdam Baroque Orchestra) 2001 rendition of Bach's EBARME DICH; great classical music is so emotive in a way that other genres don't convey as well (with the exception of perhaps blues). I was watching "Memoirs of a Geisha" the other day on BD and I was pleasantly pleased to see Yo-Yo Ma credited with the opening and closing themes, hopefully classical music will always be relevant. Btw, I love Beethoven as well :D.
Take care.
I grew up listening to classical up until the age of 8 when my older brother came home with Led Zeppelin1, Communication Breakdown and that was it. I was hooked there too. The older I get, the more genres of music I'm starting to dwelve into. I'm a huge Blues fan and have the PBS special "The Blues" on 6 DVDs. Simply amazing. I'm starting to listen to jazz but the real abstract stuff I still shy from. To me, its just random noise, not musical at all. I put that on the same league as Stravinsky and Shastokovich which I'm not fond of either. Thats orchestral squeaks and grunts. *L* Maybe one day I'll embrace that, but for now, I'll pass. Country I don't like either but I love bluegrass. Some rap..like .5% I like,no hip hop.

Beethoven is my favourite classical composer. I love how he builds tension in the music and carries the listener over the top of the cliff. *L* My favourite work of his is Piano Concerto #5.

H

hwkn

Junior Audioholic
The Grateful Dead-For The Faithful[Huntington WV 4/16/78]

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I have been listening to a lot of music that combines Indian classical with electronica. My latest favorite is Chebi Sabbah, and Anoushka Shankar is really good too.

Brett A

Brett A

Audioholic
Once again: what are you listening to now?
The fan on my CPU, the boiler in the basement, the cat asking to be let in, the keys on the keyboard as they are depressed by my fingers, and the slight ringing in my ears.:)

H

hwkn

Junior Audioholic
U2-Tel Aviv Soundboard Edition[Tel Aviv Israel 9/30/97]

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
John Fogerty's "Revival". The one-time front man for Creedence Clearwater Revival goes back into the same swamp-rock genre that they were part of inventing. After all these years it's amazing how good his voice sounds.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Styx - Equinox
Have any of those old Styx CDs been remastered? The sound on my best-of collection is excellent, and I would love to have Grand Illusion in a similarly restored version. (To me, that was their best album.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis