Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

V

VMPS-TIII

Audioholic General

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Keeping with the Kruder & Dorfmeister theme, Peter Kruger’s masterpiece...
16A03EAD-6B77-43E9-BE02-418FA2CA7174.jpeg

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord

*maniacal laughter

Yes, I really dig this... used to put it on and take naps.

But seriously, anybody up to the challenge, this is an amazingly powerful Modernist work. Pendercki's exploration of Tone Clusters is astounding. The Dynamics are... startling. Truly a powerful work and a masterpiece of the 20th Century!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I fell sound asleep in my Music History class... I know the feeling well. :p
Shameful. :p
I never fell asleep in musicology classes. Especially the 400 level courses where I was the only Undergrad allowed in. I did this three times, The Music of Claude DeBussy, The Operas of Verdi and Wagner, and a grad level review of the general music elective Jazz Pop and Rock.

For, me, I learned The St Luke Passion and made hard fast friends with it. I was obsessively comfortable with the dissonance and bathed in the fury of the orchestra and choir.

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Frederick Dewayne Hubbard (April 7, 1938 – December 29, 2008) was an American jazz trumpeter. He played bebop, hard bop, and post-bop styles from the early 1960s onwards. His unmistakable and influential tone contributed to new perspectives for modern jazz and bebop.

IMG_2696.JPG

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Year of the Cat cd by Al Stewart. I also have the LP but my TT needs some maintenance after my recent move. Still the cd sounds oh so sweet in my new condo. :)

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_2703.JPG

Freddie Hubbard on trumpet. Wayne Shorter on tenor sax. Herbie Hancock on piano. Ron Carter on bass. Elvin Jones on drums.
Recorded by Rudy Van Gelder, December 24, 1964.

Trophykage

Trophykage

Audioholic Intern
Just got home from work and chilling to some Lindsey Stirling.
Lindsey Stirling.jpg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Some Best of Moody Blues. The Story in Your Eyes is my favorite tune from this band. And they did have quite a few. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis