Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Something crazy on my suggestion list from YouTube. Twelve Foot Ninja's music lies between heavy rock and metal, but the intro and outro to the music is just hilarious.
Uh, that was something.

The music was only half the video, and I liked what I heard. Gonna have to check out a few more.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Ha! I can connect with the humor and find them very listenable as far as style and musicianship go. I think you and I like a lot of the same type of heavy music. I do listen to a little bit of thrash, but I'm more about the heavy sound and tight playing than raw speed and screaming.
Yes, to be honest I'm not fond of screaming songs. I don't mind some scattered through a song, but not when the whole lyric is done that way. Same with raw speed. I prefer something tight and progressive with tempo changes as opposed to warp speed the entire song. ADM does have some nice musicianship. I hope those were cheap guitars in the hot tub and pool. :D Love that Three Little Pigs video. :)

I also checked out One Hand Killing by Twelve Foot Ninja. You have to check out that one too! Man, these guys have me interested in their other material. That song has offset rhythms, crazy minor chord progressions, a nice chorus, and then the bridge and end of the song are down right funky. Holy cow, what a mixed bag, and I love it. @panteragstk should check that one out too. Music starts about 2 minutes in. ;)

Last edited:
Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
BandMain recorded an acoustic set wearing regular clothing instead of the maid outfits. Released 6pm EDT Dec.24 (11am Dec.25 Japan time) streamed through Zaiko. Really nice recording and mix and a fabulous performance. Subtitled which was a good addition. I purchased the 3 month ticket so I can watch it many times over. The vocals and bass really shine on this one and they do several duets and trios to mix it up. Nice Christmas treat.
PXL_20211225_195519570.jpg

PXL_20211225_203744035.jpg

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Just ordered the CD from Amazon. They remind me of a Tool/NIN combination. That song rocks. Here's hoping the rest of the album does too.
If I remember correctly(iirc) which I might not lol. The singer was actually in NIN. Seems he and Trent had beef and off he went!
I like to use hey man nice shot to check my subwoofer integration. The kick drum and bass guitar are mixed very well.
Ironically I also like to use “closer” by NIN. Especially around 1:00 when the drum sound changes.

Side note: I also like keep away by godsmack that uses the same note progression as hey man nice shot. Sully recorded all drum tracks as well as most of the guitars and vocals on his album.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis