On-Wall speaker suggestions?

D

Dargent0628

Junior Audioholic
Hi all we recently purchased a home where the media room is 2700^. I've had PSB B6s for years and have enjoyed them, but I'd like to have a very clean look in the new room and am considering on-walls for the LR. Higher sensitivity/SPL is desirable. Use will be primarily movies. Axiom and HSU interest me. I have a pair of Tannoy Mercury Vs as surrounds and could continue to use them, or would consider a complete surround package. I'm also seriously questioning if I even need a dedicated center as it's just my fiance and I 95& of the time dead center in the LP (8 ft) away from back wall) and I've found that a phantom center seems quite acceptable with the PSBs. I guess the speakers don't necessarily have to be defined or advertised as "on-wall" but a sealed or front-ported would be necessary I assume. I don't think I need to go so far as to have dual subs, the inexpensive Dayton 12 has been ok so far but I would like to upgrade. Budget under any scenario is $1500. Thanks for any suggestions or guidance.

D

Dargent0628

Junior Audioholic
Didn't know the HSUs are rear-ported. Any love for the Axioms? Other suggestions?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
consider JBL Arena 120's and Arena 125c for center if you want or don't if distance between L/R is under 8ft. And no, no love for Axiom

D

Dargent0628

Junior Audioholic
BSA thanks I will read up on the JBLs and audition them. What's the story with Axiom? Any other ID speakers worth in-home auditioning considering my room and objectives?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis