highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You have no clue. According to FLHSMV Traffic Crash Facts, the age groups involved in the largest number of collisions : Drivers ages 21-24 were in 53,653 crashes with 191 fatalities. Drivers ages 25-29 were in 63,385 crashes with 213 fatalities. Drivers ages 30-34 were in 57,488 crashes with 214 fatalities. And home insurance is not just based or being impacted on the coast. Its anywhere in this state, including INLAND.. My point with the nations 3rd highest in population or GOV has done zip on any of these items. Ill take my car insurance for an example. the wife and I have never had a wreck or had a claim, both over 65. Both of our vehicles are paid off and have been for years. Our home is paid off, excellent credit but we just got an car insurance increase for an extra 80 a month. And the insurance companies explanation, reinsurance costs , Litigation costs: Being a no-fault state, Busy roadways, Weather-related exposure , Healthcare costs and Uninsured drivers. They told us, its nothing we did, just the way car insurance is being handled in FLA by ALL insurance companies. The wife for the last 3 days has been contacting and getting quotes from other car insurance companies all within $10-25 dollars of each other. She called an agent friend of hers in SC where we lived before she retired, our car insurance for both of our vehicles would be cheaper for the same coverage if we lived in SC and they guy noted if we lived there our home owners would be a lot cheaper.. OF note people are moving in, but people in this state are also moving out as well. According to the US Census Bureau state to state migration flows, an estimated 275,266 people left Florida in 2022. That means that nearly 754 people are choosing to leave Florida every day and nearly 23,000 people are leaving each month (as of 2022). . Analysts point to the rising cost of living, politics, and high property insurance premiums as reasons behind the shift. But this side tracked topic has zip to do with Trump and his band of right winged evil doers.
Thanks- I was hoping someone would insult me this early in the day. :)

I switched to Connect, by American Family- it requires a membership to Costco, but I save more every month than the membership cost and they only bill ten times/year. I had sent the Dec page from Allstate to every other insurer for comparison, just to be on level playing field and none of them came close to the new premium. I checked on their site by entering a Zip Code from the Orlando area just to see if I would get a "Sorry, but we don't insure your kind" message and didn't see that- maybe you can save some money if they'll insure your vehicles. They didn't beat my homeowner coverage, though- once it's closer, I'll switch that and see what they'll do for me.

I have posted many times that I'm not a fan of the insurance industry and that opinion isn't in any danger of changing.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks- I was hoping someone would insult me this early in the day. :)

I switched to Connect, by American Family- it requires a membership to Costco, but I save more every month than the membership cost and they only bill ten times/year. I had sent the Dec page from Allstate to every other insurer for comparison, just to be on level playing field and none of them came close to the new premium. I checked on their site by entering a Zip Code from the Orlando area just to see if I would get a "Sorry, but we don't insure your kind" message and didn't see that- maybe you can save some money if they'll insure your vehicles. They didn't beat my homeowner coverage, though- once it's closer, I'll switch that and see what they'll do for me.

I have posted many times that I'm not a fan of the insurance industry and that opinion isn't in any danger of changing.
I was told to check with AAA since I've been with them for like ever on travel. I didn't even know they had car or even home owners insurance.

highfigh

highfigh

I was told to check with AAA since I've been with them for like ever on travel. I didn't even know they had car or even home owners insurance.
After being hosed for so long and by so many insurance companies, I started checking annually but had forgotten about Costco's insurance and decided to call when I was in the area of their store. I got the quote, asked if it was really correct, then told the agent that I was in the parking lot and would go in to join so I could call back and sign up. It's less than half of what Allstate charged.

I don't know if you're over 55, but after receiving AARP insurance offers through The Hartford, I finally called- they don't insure cargo or converted vans at all, so that was a big fail on their end. "We can save you hundreds" turned into "No, you can't".

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
After being hosed for so long and by so many insurance companies, I started checking annually but had forgotten about Costco's insurance and decided to call when I was in the area of their store. I got the quote, asked if it was really correct, then told the agent that I was in the parking lot and would go in to join so I could call back and sign up. It's less than half of what Allstate charged.

I don't know if you're over 55, but after receiving AARP insurance offers through The Hartford, I finally called- they don't insure cargo or converted vans at all, so that was a big fail on their end. "We can save you hundreds" turned into "No, you can't".
71, way past 55 LOL.

highfigh

highfigh

71, way past 55 LOL.
When I was told that The Hartford doesn't insure cargo and conversion vans, I asked the person which age group uses them most, assuming it's not for work- cargo vans are a great platform for conversion and seniors like to go on road trips, even now. Since the insurance rates they're offering if aimed at seniors via AARP membership, it's kind of odd.

71 isn't old. I'll be 67 in April.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Trump evangelicals- I can't think of anything else that is even close. :rolleyes: The new standard has been set. :p

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Trump evangelicals- I can't think of anything else that is even close. :rolleyes: The new standard has been set. :p
Yep, he's the total embodiment of the 7 deadly sins. And these Christian Nationalists can't get enough of him. Of course, these people are just as bad, and he gives them permission to be the worst versions of themselves. So sad. :(

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
Yep, he's the total embodiment of the 7 deadly sins. And these Christian Nationalists can't get enough of him. Of course, these people are just as bad, and he gives them permission to be the worst versions of themselves. So sad. :(
I don't think it really applies to the evangelicals but....
I thought it was it showed who they really are. Ownthelibs and Trump's behavior was why he was so popular. Then more recently it was like Wo, slow down there. We didn't want him anyway. Because they can't say the quiet part out loud. I thought Trell summed it up LOL: They will spread their legs to ownthelibs.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
...and they wouldn't have found those boxes had they not raided Mar-o-lago. --Hugh HeHewitt guest

One of the better one's lately. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Trump Encourages Putin to Attack NATO Members - The Atlantic
Trump issued this unhinged threat while telling one of his “sir” stories, a rhetorical device in which some unnamed interlocutor shows Trump great deference while humbly seeking his advice. He described a meeting, ostensibly when he was in office, in which he responded to an ally about NATO funding.

One of the presidents of a big country stood up and said, “Well, sir, if we don't pay and we’re attacked by Russia, will you protect us?” I said, “You didn’t pay, you’re delinquent?” He said, “Yes, let’s say that happened.” “No, I would not protect you. In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want. You gotta pay. You gotta pay your bills.”
Before we consider the sheer recklessness and immorality of this statement, let us first accept that this exchange almost certainly never happened.
After Trump is re-elected, the "Book of Donald" will be inserted into MAGA bibles and quoted as if it had always been there. The story above will be one of his parables.*

*It will be ghost-written, of course, since he can't be arsed to read a book, never mind write one.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So it looks like Fani has her 'fanny' in a bit of a pickle !

That like all the proof of the alleged election fraud?

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
To anyone that hasn't seen Fargo Season 5...do so ASAP.
This woman...holy hell, if all conservative nutjobs were this scary and smart, thats it...world over.

Fargo-finale-JenniferJasonLeigh.jpg

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
GAMR: Great, Another MAGA Reject

Art of the Deal: leverage, public humiliation, and stiffing contractors. :p

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis