OMG I moved again, I promise I won't again for at least 5 Years.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Yosh!

I know it's been a long time since the likes of me was posting on here so I have quite a few updates. I had moved from my previous location (the last system thread I made) back to my parents place while myself and my then girlfriend (now fiance~"' or whatever symbol) saved up to buy a place of our own. Last July we moved into our new place the day after my Best Friends Wedding, which was a day before my birthday. It's in Vancouver on Commercial Drive (If you know anything about Vancouver you'll know this place - It's hipster Central).

Other updates regarding myself include a horrible bicycle ride for a charity involving 90 kph headwinds for 130 kilometers, and a bicycle accident 2 weeks later which broke my back, 2 ribs, and punctured my lung. I am still recovering from that accident (I have random lower back pain, but otherwise I'm moving about as normal), but it's made me commit to buying a trainer as soon as Christmas is done with. Oh, I also got engaged! Anyway, here is some shots of the new place, and the somewhat new setup.

Kitchen!
DSC_0448 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Where I poop!
DSC_0452 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Separate oven, fridge, and microwave.
DSC_0456 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

One of the most important places in the whole place, the bar.
DSC_0467 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

The seating area, with Penny on the look out.
DSC_0473 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

The new front end, featuring a 60inch Samsung 7150 series screen, Energy RC-30 towers, Connoisseur Center, Yamaha RX-V1075, and a Dell Optiplex 780 HTPC with a 120gb SSD and half height Radeon Video Card which links to my gaming computer with the 3TB harddrives (inside the right side door).
DSC_0474 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Den/Man Cave (Senn HD558 Headphones)
DSC_0479 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

DSC_0489 by brianjosephson1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

SheepStar

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Dude, that place is gorgeous! My wife and I envy you, as we plan to move to Canada in the future. We simply love the people, any city, it does't matter!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Congratulations! On the new place, engagement...all of it. So sorry to hear about the accident, and I'm glad that you're on the mend.

Sadly, the thing that probably grabbed my attention the most was...the kitchen faucet. :oops: :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Very cozy place and very nice kitchen.
You need a second monitor for you pc :) Trust me on this one.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
It's in the works. I want one for Photo editing, the other can be for gaming.

SheepStar
Client of mine gave me his "old" NEC LCD2090UXi monitor, now sitting next to me gathering dust :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Very nice place. Also, I think I have that same tower case.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Client of mine gave me his "old" NEC LCD2090UXi monitor, now sitting next to me gathering dust :)
Looked it up, seems most of the displays you can get nowadays are significantly better. When was this sold new?

SheepStar

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Looked it up, seems most of the displays you can get nowadays are significantly better. When was this sold new?

SheepStar
it's 5-6 years old. of course there better models by now, but for sheer color accuracy i this nec still got the goods.
probably needs recalibration of course.
i do shoot me old nikon d90 for a hobby.
might do something with that screen one day.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
it's 5-6 years old. of course there better models by now, but for sheer color accuracy i this nec still got the goods.
probably needs recalibration of course.
i do shoot me old nikon d90 for a hobby.
might do something with that screen one day.
I have been researching this a little bit, and the things I found to be the most important is the colour range, resolution, and ability to calibrate. The ideal number for colour range now is 1 billion (versus 16.7 million of this monitor), and resolution as high as you can get. My D5000 is 12megapixels, so a 1600x1200 montitor isn't going to be all that useful for my 4000x3000 photo as far as seeing the details. 4K is actually more useful for photographers.

SheepStar

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
That is a fine dwelling to be sure. Here's to a speedy recovery. :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Nice home Sheep.

Yikes, the bikes seem to have gotten the better of us this past season. I tore my Achilles Tendon on November 16th, 2015. Just this past week I am back on the trainer at low and slow pace. They said I can ride on the road starting next week as long as it is just zone 1-2 with no climbing or standing and limit miles to 10. I ended up getting the Wahoo Kickr which is by far the best trainer I have ever ridden. It is very realistic and you can actually put in serious miles without wanting to stick a fork in your eye.

Now that I think of it, next week is tomorrow so I will see how it goes. Keep me updated on your recovery.

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
You've come a long way since living in your parents basement. Congratulations on a beautiful home and the engagement. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nice home Sheep.

Yikes, the bikes seem to have gotten the better of us this past season. I tore my Achilles Tendon on November 16th, 2015. Just this past week I am back on the trainer at low and slow pace. They said I can ride on the road starting next week as long as it is just zone 1-2 with no climbing or standing and limit miles to 10. I ended up getting the Wahoo Kickr which is by far the best trainer I have ever ridden. It is very realistic and you can actually put in serious miles without wanting to stick a fork in your eye.

Now that I think of it, next week is tomorrow so I will see how it goes. Keep me updated on your recovery.
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully it can heal up nice, I know some times those smaller less "glorious" injuries can haunt your for a long time.

I got lucky in all kinds of ways. The weekend before my accident I did the Ride to Conquer Cancer and I think all my good karma is what let me walk out of the hospital that day, I found out I did $21,000 dollars work of damage to the car I hit. I have stiffness in my lower back and my left side (shoulder and back) are weak from the muscle basically getting crushed. I am waiting on physio before I know the total recovery time but I'm biking again. I recently started getting more sore day to day so I'm hoping I can start going through the motions of recovery.

SheepStar

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Nice home Sheep.

Oh, I bought a Lemond Revolution trainer on Boxing day. It's been a really nice trainer and in front of the computer you can keep yourself amused. Even the misses is using it!

SheepStar

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear about your injury. Hopefully it can heal up nice, I know some times those smaller less "glorious" injuries can haunt your for a long time.

I got lucky in all kinds of ways. The weekend before my accident I did the Ride to Conquer Cancer and I think all my good karma is what let me walk out of the hospital that day, I found out I did $21,000 dollars work of damage to the car I hit. I have stiffness in my lower back and my left side (shoulder and back) are weak from the muscle basically getting crushed. I am waiting on physio before I know the total recovery time but I'm biking again. I recently started getting more sore day to day so I'm hoping I can start going through the motions of recovery.

SheepStar
Keep on healing up. Man, you must have hit that car hard.

My miles are still very limited and I am only up to 16 twice a week. My goal is to try and hit my first race of the season on April 16th. It will just be a 60 miler but I am far from fit now. I had some good training days last week and I had 2 days the my Achilles felt 80% but the past 2 days it is hurting again.

It was fun to be on the road again and I even got in a short mountain bike ride. I used a lot of K-Tape to limit the range of motion and that worked well for me. It's going to be sunny and mid 70's all weekend so I can't wait to ride, I am not supposed to ride 2 days in a row but I probably will.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Keep on healing up. Man, you must have hit that car hard.

My miles are still very limited and I am only up to 16 twice a week. My goal is to try and hit my first race of the season on April 16th. It will just be a 60 miler but I am far from fit now. I had some good training days last week and I had 2 days the my Achilles felt 80% but the past 2 days it is hurting again.

It was fun to be on the road again and I even got in a short mountain bike ride. I used a lot of K-Tape to limit the range of motion and that worked well for me. It's going to be sunny and mid 70's all weekend so I can't wait to ride, I am not supposed to ride 2 days in a row but I probably will.
I don't remember going that fast, but my mom has said for a long time "he's built like a poop brickhouse".

Is there anything that can speed up the healing? I know Ice made a world of difference for my back when I was off work. Sucks when you mind is ready but the body just can't make it happen.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis