"OMFG, Krypto is getting a mic finally!"

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
I can not post links until I have 5 posts, so I will rack them up so I can link vids and pics

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
Scott Simonian from AVS sent me his mic and ordered me some cables from Parts Express.

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
I have REW downloaded and installed as well as the mic correction files, but I am a novice and complete nooB at mic/REW/measurement so we are just getting started at setting me up.

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
I ran an SPL test at 14Hz and 18Hz so far, it may be a day or two before I get a good FR responce curve measurement.

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
Here are the vids and pics copy/pasted from AVS to show the initial SPL tests just getting to know the mic.

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1320236

The mic and cables from Scott:

at :59 that crash you hear is my girlfriends Christmas Globe falling from a shelf and shattering. My nuts are now in a vise. THANK YOU SO MUCH SCOTT SIMONIAN FOR THE MIC AND CABLES! I hope I pronounced your name right!!! The noise you hear while bursting is things rattling/squeeling throughout the house, never bottomed out drivers are clean and clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2ZeC43rkQM

This is from the 33-2050 cal.

so at 14hz youre down about 23db.

You'll want to aim the mic straight up. You can provide sound output to your receiver via hdmi, however the cables are to hook up your mic to your PC's sound card input.

10.0 -37.20
11.2 -32.88
12.5 -27.15
14.0 -23.29
16.0 -20.63
18.0 -18.69
20.0 -17.04
22.4 -15.40
25.0 -13.69
28.0 -11.99
31.5 -10.44
35.5 -9.08
40.0 -7.97
45.0 -6.99
50.0 -6.09
56.0 -5.39
63.0 -4.84
71.0 -4.29
80.0 -3.76
90.0 -3.25
100.0 -2.93
so I connect the mic RCA out to the Y splitter, to the 25' RCAs, to the other Y splitter with the jack, to Line In on PC?

117dB uncorrected at 18Hz, 135dB!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A7N18XcleI

They're fuzzy, but should give enough info on things such as a perspective on the entry way, how far the bedroom door usually is open, the plaster that is coming off the lathe (admittedly on it's own, not from 135dB of 14Hz) the structure of the bed platform, space between and above towers.

My girlfriend and her son finished moving in the rest of their things, some things strewn about. Not quite the same bachelor pad it was, for the better I hope.

AVRat

AVRat

Audioholic Ninja
Can't tell, is that an IB setup since you're using the Fi drivers?

D

dem beats

Senior Audioholic
Can't tell, is that an IB setup since you're using the Fi drivers?
5th pics from the bottom shows the port.

If I had that rig, my skinny cat would climb right in there....

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
My old cat used to crawl in there during pure sine waves at tuning! Crazy cat is gone now :( It is sort of a ported infinite baffle, or a giant SSLT...some of the things it has been cloned. Each tower i 128 cubic feet, one 12" diameter port 5" long for around a 13Hz tuning. Two fi IB3 18's per tower, twom EP4000's, one per tower/pair of 18's. No EQing yet, no HP filter.

This is a copy/paste I did on a few forums so pardon me for being overly errogant ( not so nice forums :) )

5dB increments to see compression starting at -40dB ending at -10dB master volume. Yup, thats a 130dB peak :D Yup, thats solider than solid a 10Hz, yup, look at that 6Hz ;)

15Hz on up

DC on up ;) ;)

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Impressive, though you're a good 12db down by 80hz.

Based on the pics, your mains look lacking, though.

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
yeah I'm going to change the corssover to 250Hz for fun to see what it does. The original plan was back when Kevin at DIYCable was giving away 2 free Anarchy's per Maelstrom-X 21, I was going to purchase 6 MX21s, two for the towers and four for my van, expecting to get 12 free Anarchys then purchase 2 more so that i could go MTM 7 channels, but we couldn't agree on pricing. He only wanted to do the two free Anarchys on the 1st sub. Instead I purchased eight IB3 18's, four for the van and four for the HT. After it was al built the crazy guy offered me $450/each for four MX21s! I told him it was too late, already built. Those tiny little walmart cubes do me just fine, I am very keen on 14kHz on up but unfortunately I have to deal with what I ahve. In my van I have similar to the old Adire Audio Extremis LCRs: Four Adire Audio Extremis 6.4s off two Kicker KX850.4's doing 80Hz-710Hz, two CSS FR125S's off a KX650.4 covering 710Hz-14kHz, and four Vifa XT25TG30 Ring Radiators covering 14kHz-20kHz off an SX500.2. I have an Alpine IVA-W505 touch screen that controls the digital crossover, Alpine PXA-H701.. so all the crossover slopes are set to 30dB/oct but the tweeters are double crossed, using the Kicker SX500.2's 36dB/oct at 14kHz as well for a 66dB slope. Without it the tweeters would start to break up a bit at the listening levels I play at.... I use up a lot of that 500RMS available to the tweets :-O

the new subs going in my van wall, four Fi reconed Blueprint Audio 1803s

reworking the wall and new port, 20" port 24" long 45 cubic feet 23Hz tuning, those are two Audiopipe AP30001Ds you can see through the top right subwoofer cutout, theres two more on the other side, 1 30001D per Fi 18

the extremis sitting out while I modded the sealed enclosures in the van

2 APs on the left, SX500.2 up top, and KX650.4 below

other side, 2 APs and 2 KX850.4s

really messy, not cleaned up yet

still very messy, been cleaned up some since then

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
My neice Payson said I am full of it, those numbers can NOT be right even if it is 80%THD... so she made me get a better mounting screw so we have no vibration issues when you guys tell me how to run Audyssey later :)

we're multitasking today :)

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
Here is my old cat that passed, pic is over a year ago, he had a bad eye so pics made it shiny LMAO

inside the port

CATCHOW!

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern

10Hz -3.6dB FS
THD: 7.70% THD+N: 7.75%
2nd: 5.74% 3rd: 5.11%
4th: .339% 5th:.363
6th: .228 7th: .129
8th: .032 9th: .0258

124.4dB

S

Sounds Good

Senior Audioholic
the photos are kinda fuzzy.. but WTF is this... :eek: how does that ceiling fan stay up... lol

seams like a pretty small room for all that HUGE gear...

and what is the wood scaffolding for?

explain explain explain... oh and open the drapes and take some more photos...
:):):)

K

kryptonitewhite

Audioholic Intern
the photos are kinda fuzzy.. but WTF is this... :eek: how does that ceiling fan stay up... lol

seams like a pretty small room for all that HUGE gear...

and what is the wood scaffolding for?

explain explain explain... oh and open the drapes and take some more photos...
:):):)

lol I am a terrible photographer, I havent for the life of me been able to make this camera take clear pics. That ceiling fan did rip down once already and it is starting to again. I'll be building a square frame and running 4 supports from the bleechers/bed to the ceiling :p

That window behind the TV is boarded up :-O

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis