A

AlfieArch

Audioholic Intern
There might be some ceiling options for mounting but honestly never explored that. There are also brackets that will allow you to pull the TV 2 or more feet from the wall so if that works in your room perhaps could get some more space for the TV. I would leave a minimum TV clearance of 2 feet from the floor. If you are able to get 1 feet more by placing the TV further from the wall, you could potentially get 85" to fit.
Thanks! Yea I saw some ceiling mounts, but prefer a wall mount. Will have to check out those wall mounts you mentioned! Yes, may be able to go bigger!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks! Yea I saw some ceiling mounts, but prefer a wall mount. Will have to check out those wall mounts you mentioned! Yes, may be able to go bigger!
Just a FYI. One thing about ceiling mounts,not sure if you own your home or rent, but depending on the ceiling texture be it wood or Sheetrock, if Sheetrock getting the texture to match the rest of the ceiling texture could be a bit of a pain if you plain on removing the mounts and "selling or moving out of the home.

A

AlfieArch

Audioholic Intern
Just a FYI. One thing about ceiling mounts,not sure if you own your home or rent, but depending on the ceiling texture be it wood or Sheetrock, if Sheetrock getting the texture to match the rest of the ceiling texture could be a bit of a pain if you plain on removing the mounts and "selling or moving out of the home.
Thanks! We own but good call on the ceiling mounts!

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks! We own but good call on the ceiling mounts!
I remember at the house we had about 10 years ago, had a projector and after removing the mounts we had to re texture the whole ceiling in the room . Which is a mess in itself, the painting afterwards, such a pain.

A

AlfieArch

Audioholic Intern
I remember at the house we had about 10 years ago, had a projector and after removing the mounts we had to re texture the whole ceiling in the room . Which is a mess in itself, the painting afterwards, such a pain.
Thanks! Ugh. Yea, definitely sticking with wall mounted.

Tankini

Tankini

Full Audioholic
Thanks! That’s a nice looking set! I’m kinda partial to Sony but not dead set on on them.
Same here, I've been comparing specs, reading reviews researching for the last month, actually last few months. For me, the LG 65 C3 or Sony 65 A80L. 300 more for the Sony.

"The only edge the Sony has is in its processing capabilities; typical of Sony, it's class-leading when upscaling low-resolution or smoothing low-quality content.".

I gleaned this from the site "RTINGS.com.
HDR Native Gradient

LG C3, 7.8
Sony A80L, 8.3

But at my age 66 how much would I be able to see any difference between the two. LG does get Brighter especially in HDR for movies, Sony has the better over-all Processing for HDR, which is what I'm shooting for.

Now of course Sony's flagship A95L Stomps anything on the market as of now, but a 65" will run me $3500.

A

AlfieArch

Audioholic Intern
Same here, I've been comparing specs, reading reviews researching for the last month, actually last few months. For me, the LG 65 C3 or Sony 65 A80L. 300 more for the Sony.

"The only edge the Sony has is in its processing capabilities; typical of Sony, it's class-leading when upscaling low-resolution or smoothing low-quality content.".

I gleaned this from the site "RTINGS.com.
HDR Native Gradient

LG C3, 7.8
Sony A80L, 8.3

But at my age 66 how much would I be able to see any difference between the two. LG does get Brighter especially in HDR for movies, Sony has the better over-all Processing for HDR, which is what I'm shooting for.

Now of course Sony's flagship A95L Stomps anything on the market as of now, but a 65" will run me $3500.
Thanks for the info! ! I’ll check out that site. Yea, you pay more for Sony. $3,500… ouch!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis