Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I noticed like 80% of all my sound goes to center speaker I tried using a rear center but it gets like nothing ...

Is it typical? My front speakers and surrounds don’t get much information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
It’s dependant of the program, and after that the source component, followed by the settings in your AVR.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Truthslayer

Truthslayer

Full Audioholic
Kingnoob, you should really start cleaning off your equipment every now and then. Won't be long before you wind up with no sound from any of the channels.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Kingnoob, you should really start cleaning off your equipment every now and then. Won't be long before you wind up with no sound from any of the channels.
It’s not that dusty but I’ll clean it sometime what’s up With this model avr why’s like all the sound come from center ?
Defeats any reason to use anything except satellites...
Fronts go to +0 max
surrounds +10 and neither one is very loud

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Real old model got to ask have you done calibration lately? Stuff turned off in the setup menu ?

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yeah that's a Oldie.
I had an RX-v 3000 heck that was back in the early 90’s when I bought that it still is in use in my garage system today . Pretty early surround set up but sounded good still does .

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I had an RX-v 3000 heck that was back in the early 90’s when I bought that it still is in use in my garage system today . Pretty early surround set up but sounded good still does .
Wish I still had some of my older gear.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Real old model got to ask have you done calibration lately? Stuff turned off in the setup menu ?
It’s pre ypao model so yes old old
The Blu-ray player that came with it didn’t work .
But the jamo 5.1 was probably worth more then the $50 the whole set up and receiver cost . Satellites but nice
Bought it used
Center sounds very good just cannot justify the pioneer Andrew jones tower speakers and surrounds I’m using .
On my Onkyo upstairs you can actually hear every Chanel audibly but the 818 is too large to fit downstairs on this tv stand I’d need a new one . I probably cannot even move the 818 got a torn right bicep but scared to death of surgery.... haven’t got a mri yet but it looks torn

And don’t got enough money for a tv stand that’s larger yet . They cost a ton new !!
So I’m stuck using the Yamaha in this room for now .
Don’t have money for a better amp they cost a lot now ... wonder which best site is for them .

Last edited:
Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Wish I still had some of my older gear.
I reused a whole 6.1 system in our garage that I’d used in our home with that old Yamaha lol it’s still kicken out the jams .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
It’s pre ypao model so yes old old
The Blu-ray player that came with it didn’t work .
But the jamo 5.1 was probably worth more then the $50 the whole set up and receiver cost . Satellites but nice
Bought it used
Center sounds very good just cannot justify the pioneer Andrew jones tower speakers and surrounds I’m using .
On my Onkyo upstairs you can actually hear every Chanel audibly but the 818 is too large to fit downstairs on this tv stand I’d need a new one . I probably cannot even move the 818 got a torn right bicep but scared to death of surgery.... haven’t got a mri yet but it looks torn

And don’t got enough money for a tv stand that’s larger yet . They cost a ton new !!
So I’m stuck using the Yamaha in this room for now .
Don’t have money for a better amp they cost a lot now ... wonder which best site is for them .

Yea that’s the same era that my rx-v 3000 was from too 92 or 93 time frame . Had to manually set every channel with a spl meter which I still do to fine tune my current setup . I used a 5 channel carver 505 with it it still sounds pretty decent for its age .

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Yea that’s the same era that my txt-v 3000 was from too 92 or 93 time frame . Had to meSuand set ever channel with a spl meter which I still do to fine tune my current setup . I used a 5 channel carver 505 with it it still sounds pretty decent for its age .
Ahh I see well for what I paid a good deal .
I’f my amplifier isn’t putting much power to the speakers should I just hook my satellites back up ?? The center channel gets the majority of all sound effects on this amplifier.
I need to hook a subwoofer back up it didn’t put any bass to My front Channels .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Ahh I see well for what I paid a good deal .
I’f my amplifier isn’t putting much power to the speakers should I just hook my satellites back up ?? The center channel gets the majority of all sound effects on this amplifier.
I need to hook a subwoofer back up it didn’t put any bass to My front Channels .

I’d try setting the speakers up with an spl meter and the built in test tone . In the menu if I remember correctly you have to go in the setup menu and choose which speakers you have in your system . Large - small use - don’t use and the delays etc I think the delay was set up to act as 1 milisecend equaled I foot too It’s been a long time since I’ve set up and older one like that .

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I’d try setting the speakers up with an spl meter and the built in test tone . In the menu if I remember correctly you have to go in the setup menu and choose which speakers you have in your system . Large - small use - don’t use and the delays etc I think the delay was set up to act as 1 milisecend equaled I foot too It’s been a long time since I’ve set up and older one like that .
I don’t think even that stuff would help , this amplifier seems to not output any bass except to subwoofer channel .
Disappointed because it has many dsp sound fields but not outputting much volume to fronts , or surrounds .
I’m sure newer amps are a ton better , even budget ones .
Any cheaper sites then this one ?

I gotta hook my 10” jamo sub backup . I may use satellite speakers as fronts and surrounds if it does not lessen sound quality.
6 channel stereo is only setting that more sound comes out of speakers .
If only I could hook this sub to a soundbar I’d save a lot of money on amplifier haha ...
The room is rather small so surround speakers all in front of room .

Until I get the money for a better amplifier , sadly all the slimline amps
Are only 50wpch .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I don’t think even that stuff would help , this amplifier seems to not output any bass except to subwoofer channel .
Disappointed because it has many dsp sound fields but not outputting much volume to fronts , or surrounds .
I’m sure newer amps are a ton better , even budget ones .
Any cheaper sites then this one ?

I gotta hook my 10” jamo sub backup . I may use satellite speakers as fronts and surrounds if it does not lessen sound quality.
6 channel stereo is only setting that more sound comes out of speakers .
If only I could hook this sub to a soundbar I’d save a lot of money on amplifier haha ...
The room is rather small so surround speakers all in front of room .

Until I get the money for a better amplifier , sadly all the slimline amps
Are only 50wpch .

You may need another unit sounds like something not right .

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You may need another unit sounds like something not right .
I may need a new unit if I want any bass my mom is a jerk won’t let me hook up my jamo 10” subwoofer oh it makes me so pisssed off . She threatened to throw it out ... damn
I should tel her I gotta spent $500+ on a amp now cuz of that . When I get the money
My Onkyo 818 is too large to move downstairs or I would trust me ..

I was like what the hell I had it hooked up before and no one cried over it .
So this system is essentially no better then a soundbar ... no bass or anything and lacking in mids .
I even set bass to my main speakers ... crickets
Only my center channel is audibly doing 80-90% of all the work

So tv programs no bass ...
If I want to hear any bass I gotta use my bedroom system .. subs overkill tho I got it turned very low

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Still no bass ... period
Normal for Yamaha?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
This amp
Defective or something?!
Supposed to be 6.1 ch but no bass and 80% of sound coming from center .
So
It’s like a glorified soundbar

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis