Old tv aging display getting lines?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Neither me or my dad knows how to check too see how or what you do to reseat a connection
Neither do I. But, there are videos on YouTube on disassembling and reassembling LCD televisions. If the choice is throwing it away because the image quality sucks, and pulling it apart and trying to fix it, then pull out some tools and get to it.

so much for led tv lasting longer then lcd? My dads lcd lasted longer it was older .
LED and LCD ARE THE SAME THING!
The backlight of older traditional LCDs use fluorescent lamps to create the lighting. LCD TVs with LED backlighting, obviously use LEDs instead. The number of LEDs and their positioning and the number of zones they may (or may not) have can vary all over the place.

There is absolutely nothing about any of these technologies that makes one clearly 'outlast' another technology. In general, seven years is a pretty good minimum to expect from most TVs, and some may last years and years longer than that depending on use and abuse and MOST OF ALL: build quality.

A well built TV with a good power supply and good electronic components inside may last decades. This is why so many of the old CRT televisions still work just fine. They were built with quality components, and their design had really been perfected over the years.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I bought a 51 inch Samsung 1080p TV a couple of years ago and from just changing to HDMI it got a line and then a second one. There is no fix gotta buy a new screen display. It happened to me a year a month later. I didn't get a extended warranty, so I just used it as is. I don't have it anymore. I bought a used 12 year Samsung 42 inch 720p plasma last year from CL for $50 and it's been working good so far. Maybe one day a 4K 65 inch. My advice if low on funds look on Craigslist/Goodwill. Make sure the HDMI works.

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
It keeps turning itself back off and in now . Did the power supply unit fail ?

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I bought a 51 inch Samsung 1080p TV a couple of years ago and from just changing to HDMI it got a line and then a second one. There is no fix gotta buy a new screen display. It happened to me a year a month later. I didn't get a extended warranty, so I just used it as is. I don't have it anymore. I bought a used 12 year Samsung 42 inch 720p plasma last year from CL for $50 and it's been working good so far. Maybe one day a 4K 65 inch. My advice if low on funds look on Craigslist/Goodwill. Make sure the HDMI works.
Is there no way to fix the bad lines in screen my dad won’t buy a plasma because he loves leaving a static imagine on screen and just leaving for 39 minutes.

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Becoming more prominent... how long til the panelnitsf fails ?

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai

Tesla spoken to them

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Tesla spoken to them
Just put the dang thing out of its misery (on the sly) and force them to buy a new TV

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Just put the dang thing out of its misery (on the sly) and force them to buy a new TV
Don’t need to my moms were tired and she still runs it all day long even with all of its problems this poor TV is going to die soon anyway it’s got TV aids it’s not curable!!
They way more out of there $3800 tv I guess by running it til Big rooster in the sky finally croaked,,,...

Tesla spoken to them

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis