Old School Rock & Roll, Post up your favorite band or artist.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Post up your favorite band from 60's up current date. Since I have hijacked other people's Threads, cause I was to lazy to go start my own, hijacking is highly recommended on this Thread I Owe some others for taking it easy on me.:), So think of this Thread as a way to practice up your cat burglar skills.:p joking..:)
You youngsters:p and Old Timers;) are welcome to join in on the fun :), but it has to be audio/video gear related or why you like your gear, :D, also mention the 'Source' you like playing your all-time favorite band from days past. :rolleyes:, Yes Smack talking is More than welcome!:eek:. No fire extinguishers are allowed leave those at the door,:p, Meaning come with your 'Big Boy' pants on or hip boots whatever you prefer. :cool:, But if a 'MOD' decides he has read or seen enough,o_O, they the :eek: 'Sheriffs, ':eek:, here.:), but for example, if you believe your favorite band sounds better on analog gear as opposed to SS, Digital or streaming or vice versa.:cool:. You are more than welcome to go after the millennials with IPones only :) joking, they like music to just not as expensive as we do, :D. So what say You Audio/Video, enthusiast and hobbyist,;), Audiophiles and :eek: Elites with High'end gear :eek:, are more than welcome. :)

Last edited:

TechHDS

Audioholic General
I'll start off with Grand Funk Railroad, Survival, Sounds better on my TT, cranked up past reference level, just so there isn't a misinterpretation of what reference level is for me, it's flat ass 0! If you go past that, +1 or +2. Most definitely post up a photo or video with sound! Cheating is not allowed!:cool:
My TT, is suspended from the ceiling by 4 chains brass , plexiglass, turntable sits on top of the plexiglass. Some may have TT, in another room separate from listening area. But that's how I am able to crank up to 0 dbs. No wow and flutter!

Last edited:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Not quite what you have in mind, but I only have Bob Seger on CD or digital download. While his music (from several albums) is on my very frequent play list lately, I wonder how much better it would sound from a TT or classic tape. Sigh...I may not find out. Someday I will get a TT and find out! But a new TT is kind of hard to slip past the wife so it will take some time.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Not quite what you have in mind, but I only have Bob Seger on CD or digital download. While his music (from several albums) is on my very frequent play list lately, I wonder how much better it would sound from a TT or classic tape. Sigh...I may not find out. Someday I will get a TT and find out! But a new TT is kind of hard to slip past the wife so it will take some time.
Bod Seger, made a good name for himself back in the mid to late 70's. Sun Spot Baby! The Thread I started is, just to get fellow audio video enthusiast, music lovers talking about the gear they have. Specs, taking all the time gets boring at least to me anyways. I had his album Night Moves, kept it for a very long time. Gave away 75% of my LP collection wish I hadn't done that. I had Elvis Presley's first releases and some Beatles first releases not even open. The one I regret letting go the most, Beatles White Album wasn't even opened. Traded to a friend of mine for Frank Zappa album.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Wow, do you have enough emotion things there? ;) :D

I see lots of empty spots for more there. :p

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Wow, do you have enough emotion things there? ;) :D

I see lots of empty spots for more there. :p
Umm, happens with boredom.:rolleyes:. Emojis are pretty cool on this site. Good start, please do come back. 'High :p'Jacking' :mad:. :p. Is apart of this Hobby. I once high-jacked a friend of his Pioneer stereo receiver, for my Realistic receiver. But he found out the Pioneer was better so he traded me back plus threw in a few brews man.:)

Last edited:
panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Too many to list as far as old rock, but here's a start.

Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Black Sabbath, The Doors, The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Pink Floyd, Kansas, Chicago, Boston, Jefferson Airplane (not starship), Lynyrd Skynyrd, Neil Young, Stevie Ray Vaughan, lots more that I'm not thinking of...

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Hendrix poor ole Jimmi, :oops: wasn't for his lead, you wouldn't of had Most of the late 70's early 80's. Good thing he set the standard. Some would say old Chuck Barry did or Buddy Holly before Presley:confused: was even famous for shaking his legs:eek: lolo..:cool:. Speaking of 'StarShip' Grace Slick' or 'Sick'.;).lol..as I use to call her. Sure messed up them Dude's 'Jefferson Airplane' uhu? ;) Can't be hookin o_O -up, :p with everyone in the Band-man!..:cool:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis