Old Adcom, velodyne audio....worth buying

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Curious if you guys can help me. Went to one of my consignment stores and found some old audio equipment. An Adcom gfa 555 amp for 99 bucks, a Velodyne ULD15A7 ULD Series II Power Servo Controller ( minus sub) and a Adcom ace 515 AC enhancer. I picked up a Sony AM/FM stereo tuner 730es for 10 bucks. All this was dropped off buy the same person as there were notes on the wires and such stating how everything was connected. Just curious if any of the other stuff is worth going back and getting. I'd probably resell but curious if the older stuff is even worth grabbing

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If functional at that price I'd go back if you need/want it. Not sure what the Velodyne thing does, or what it is intended to work with. Probably sell the Adcom amp for more in any case.

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai
The Adcom amp is a bargain. You could easily sell it for twice the price, if not more.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Ok thanks guys. I'm not sure on it's working order as it was at the store. I plugged it in and it powered on ( red light by power). Any way to gauge it's true working order at the store.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ok thanks guys. I'm not sure on it's working order as it was at the store. I plugged it in and it powered on ( red light by power). Any way to gauge it's true working order at the store.
Hook up a source and some speakers....pretty much all you can do with a power amp other than a battery of tests with analytic devices.

J

Jeff5347

Audioholic
Well I went back right when they opened and all of it was gone. I was so bummed, but ya snooze ya lose. I knew I should just jumped on it then. Thanks guys for all your help!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis