Old 20th Century Fox films on Disney+?

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
So Disney owns 20th Century Fox Films, then where are all of their old movies on Disney+ going back to 1935?
I want to see Jewel of the Nile, Big Trouble in Little China, Wall Street, Die Hard, My Cousin Vinny ect.
Those aren't family Disney style movies, but Disney owns them so where I can I stream them? If I'm paying for Disney+ shouldn't I have access to everything Disney owns? I'd rather watch adult movies than kids movies personally.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Debbie Does Dallas..?
Haha, not exactly that kind, there's other places online for that already lol. I think you know what I mean. Stuff that's not Frozen 2, princess movies for 8 year old girls ect. I mean that's fine if you have a family, but I don't have kids.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That would have helped me perhaps stay with the Disney subscription but I cut off the trial in less than a week for lack of content. Did seem more oriented towards the kids for sure.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
So I searched by the basics of this thread and got this as the first article, maybe they're just going to dip in on occasion? https://www.vulture.com/2019/10/disney-is-quietly-placing-classic-fox-movies-into-its-vault.html
Yikes, that sucks for small independent cinemas! Seems to be Disney's MO sadly, they are only allowing Rocky Horror Picture show because too many people would complain if it went away. But if the masses don't compain, Disney screws everyone over.

Can you image Fight Club, Die Hard, and Rocky Horror Picture show on Disney+ ?? It doesn't seem to jive with it's family image. So where are all those movies going? And Zardos! that movie was so insane, I want to see it again now. Star Wars on acido_O:p

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hopefully Netflix or Amazon Prime will on occasion be allowed to access? Wish I knew more about how it all works in the access world.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Hopefully Netflix or Amazon Prime will on occasion be allowed to access? Wish I knew more about how it all works in the access world.
It's all about money for access today. In the early days of streaming 5 years ago, studios didn't care much about streaming so they gave access to Netflix for not alot of money. If you remember Netflix used to have alot more movies 5 years ago than today. Now they want to make all original content since they will own it forever, and not have to pay higher and higher prices for access. That's why Friends and The Office are going away from Netflix, NBC kept letting the price for access go up higher and higher every year, so Netflix walked away from those. Now NBC is making their own streaming platform, it remains to be seen how many of these streaming sites people will want to subscribe to.

I don't know what Disney will do for access now. I imagine they will do whatever makes them the most money. They could lock up the movies in their vault and only allow physical disc sales. Or Netflix and Amazon could bid on them, but have to pay very high prices. Then they might not think it was worth it to stream the movies, so then they would remain in the Disney vault. I think Disney is bad for the consumer and viewer, it's better to have more studios and competition. They are quickly becoming a media monopoly. If they ever tried to buy Netflix, it would be game over for the consumer. We would all have to bow down to the great Mouse haha. I think Reed Hastings has too much pride to let that happen, but when he steps down from CEO one day who knows.

I think Netflix is great for the indie film genre, they are scooping up every new indie movie and pumping them with money to try out new ideas and there lots a good foreign films too. I always liked indie movies better than big budget movies anyway. I think it's a golden age right now for the indie film genre.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw something earlier talking about a higher tier like a Disney Plus+ or whatever that will give you access to all the Fox movies and TV. That plus Hulu and their other content for the same price as Netflix is right now.

I'm not a huge fan of Disney the company so much, but they do own probably at least half (conservatively) of the content I like to watch!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I saw something earlier talking about a higher tier like a Disney Plus+ or whatever that will give you access to all the Fox movies and TV. That plus Hulu and their other content for the same price as Netflix is right now.

I'm not a huge fan of Disney the company so much, but they do own probably at least half (conservatively) of the content I like to watch!
I was really disappointed in the Disney+ content/library I got thru Amazon....it could be limited access I suppose. Most of the Disney stuff I like the most I simply buy....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's all about money for access today. In the early days of streaming 5 years ago, studios didn't care much about streaming so they gave access to Netflix for not alot of money. If you remember Netflix used to have alot more movies 5 years ago than today. Now they want to make all original content since they will own it forever, and not have to pay higher and higher prices for access. That's why Friends and The Office are going away from Netflix, NBC kept letting the price for access go up higher and higher every year, so Netflix walked away from those. Now NBC is making their own streaming platform, it remains to be seen how many of these streaming sites people will want to subscribe to.

I don't know what Disney will do for access now. I imagine they will do whatever makes them the most money. They could lock up the movies in their vault and only allow physical disc sales. Or Netflix and Amazon could bid on them, but have to pay very high prices. Then they might not think it was worth it to stream the movies, so then they would remain in the Disney vault. I think Disney is bad for the consumer and viewer, it's better to have more studios and competition. They are quickly becoming a media monopoly. If they ever tried to buy Netflix, it would be game over for the consumer. We would all have to bow down to the great Mouse haha. I think Reed Hastings has too much pride to let that happen, but when he steps down from CEO one day who knows.

I think Netflix is great for the indie film genre, they are scooping up every new indie movie and pumping them with money to try out new ideas and there lots a good foreign films too. I always liked indie movies better than big budget movies anyway. I think it's a golden age right now for the indie film genre.
In my use of Netflix many of the shows they're "losing" I've not got a lot of interest in, or already have a copy of. Between the streaming/disc service I'll be with Netflix for the foreseeable future (and have been a subscriber of the disc service since nearly the start, and have used streaming since they started that too). Some of their productions are very good, a few not so much but they seem to offer more to me than Disney does in any case....

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
In my use of Netflix many of the shows they're "losing" I've not got a lot of interest in, or already have a copy of. Between the streaming/disc service I'll be with Netflix for the foreseeable future (and have been a subscriber of the disc service since nearly the start, and have used streaming since they started that too). Some of their productions are very good, a few not so much but they seem to offer more to me than Disney does in any case....
I fear they are gonna divide the consumer, untill a court steps in and dictates reasonable rights fees. Like generic meds sorta.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
Now I see Disney + removed some movies at the start of the year that they already own.
  • Dr. Dolittle – January 1
  • Flicka – January 1
  • Home Alone – January 1
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York – January 1
  • Strange Magic – January 1
  • The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – January 1
  • The Sandlot – January 1
I thought this was supposed to be their Disney vault of movies, this is dumb. Also, Disney has supposedly lost $4.5 billion so far creating Disney + so they aren't exactly winning yet. At least the Mandalorian is cool, but not much else on it interests me. I get it for free from Verizon, otherwise I would cancel it.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Now I see Disney + removed some movies at the start of the year that they already own.
  • Dr. Dolittle – January 1
  • Flicka – January 1
  • Home Alone – January 1
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York – January 1
  • Strange Magic – January 1
  • The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides – January 1
  • The Sandlot – January 1
I thought this was supposed to be their Disney vault of movies, this is dumb. Also, Disney has supposedly lost $4.5 billion so far creating Disney + so they aren't exactly winning yet. At least the Mandalorian is cool, but not much else on it interests me. I get it for free from Verizon, otherwise I would cancel it.
And, you really don't need an ongoing subscription to watch Mandalorian. We watched it on a trial base:)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm willing to bet a lot of the Fox stuff will be on Hulu considering Disney is now the sole owner. The Hulu+Disney+ESPN+ deal is pretty good.

I will say that Disney+ did allow me to clear some stuff off my server that the kids watch on a regular basis. Better quality than what I had.

B

baronvonellis

Audioholic
I'm willing to bet a lot of the Fox stuff will be on Hulu considering Disney is now the sole owner. The Hulu+Disney+ESPN+ deal is pretty good.

I will say that Disney+ did allow me to clear some stuff off my server that the kids watch on a regular basis. Better quality than what I had.
Is there anyway to confirm that? I've never had Hulu and don't want ESPN since I don't watch sports.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Is there anyway to confirm that? I've never had Hulu and don't want ESPN since I don't watch sports.
Hulu has a robust catalog as of now and Disney hasn't really said much in the way of what they plan on doing with Hulu.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis