OK how about B&W CM8 good or ??

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
I posted a Thread asking about the Martin Logan Motion 40 and doesnt seem to be any love for them. When I went to Magnolia to try them out the sales person had be listen to the B&W CM8 set and man it sounded very nice. I Know for the same MSRP I could get the Sierra towers which Im sure are better but at best buy I can get a good discount and 36 months 0 interest on my best buy card <I would pay if off alot sooner but its nice to have a option>. The speakers I sold that these would replace are Def Tech 7004's with matching center and rears. I have a Velodyne Optimum sub to use now but might get a SVS SB12 later on but I think the Velo will do fine for now. Thanks for any feed back you all might have.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
I posted a Thread asking about the Martin Logan Motion 40 and doesnt seem to be any love for them. When I went to Magnolia to try them out the sales person had be listen to the B&W CM8 set and man it sounded very nice. I Know for the same MSRP I could get the Sierra towers which Im sure are better but at best buy I can get a good discount and 36 months 0 interest on my best buy card <I would pay if off alot sooner but its nice to have a option>. The speakers I sold that these would replace are Def Tech 7004's with matching center and rears. I have a Velodyne Optimum sub to use now but might get a SVS SB12 later on but I think the Velo will do fine for now. Thanks for any feed back you all might have.
On the looks scale, they ain't up there, the ST's are in another league, too bad Dave doesn't take Best Buy credit cards. :D

T

TulsaSKD

Junior Audioholic
On the looks scale, they ain't up there, the ST's are in another league, too bad Dave doesn't take Best Buy credit cards. :D
LOL ya I woud have already ordered it if he has a 12 month same as cash deal. Hard to pass up the 0% best buy deal. I just want to make sure this will be a upgrade from my Def Tech setup.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
LOL ya I woud have already ordered it if he has a 12 month same as cash deal. Hard to pass up the 0% best buy deal. I just want to make sure this will be a upgrade from my Def Tech setup.
Since it's Best Buy, you can get those B&W and try them out in your house for 30 days?

Only you can definitively know if the B&W is an upgrade, pun intended. :D

Personally, I don't think it is an upgrade from the stand point of SQ alone. But B&W has more pedigree, prestige, and resale as a brand than DefTech. So it is an upgrade from the later point of view. :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
^^^What he said....:D

You'll eventually find your speakers or do like ADTG and keep buying them untill you do....:p:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis