Oh NO she did NOT just say that!

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Would anyone here stay at a job where it was fully explained that you call copy machine owners, lie about who you are and then sell them toner without them realizing it?
If the money was right and it was also explained to me that I could call people back and tell them that they should find a guy to suck their **** because they sound really gay on the phone ... I would be powerless to resist. :eek:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
If the money was right and it was also explained to me that I could call people back and tell them that they should find a guy to suck their **** because they sound really gay on the phone ... I would be powerless to resist. :eek:
Now there's a fringe benefit that I never thought of.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
From the BBB web site:

Unethical But Legal Sales Pitches

Every year, millions of dollars' worth of high-quality, fairly priced office supplies are sold over the telephone and Internet by honest, reputable suppliers. Unfortunately, for many businesses and organizations, millions of dollars are also conned out of businesses each year by office supply schemers, "paper pirates" and "toner-phoners."
The large majority of these rip-offs go either undetected or unreported because the supplies are used or the victims are too embarrassed to acknowledge they’ve been suckered."
Even when the victim is aware of a swindle, in many cases there is no legal recourse. While their schemes might be highly unethical, the perpetrators usually devise them in a manner that is totally legal. Telephone salespeople for these unethical operations are carefully trained not to misrepresent their employers, and their meticulously scripted pitches often avoid identifying their operations with brand name suppliers or manufacturers.

http://www.bbb.org/ALERTS/article.asp?ID=452

Here’s info on a lawsuit filed in 1999:

Consumer lawsuit alleges California company ran "a classic toner pirate operation" to cheat businesses in the sale of copy machine toner.

http://www.iowa.gov/government/ag/consumer/press_releases/cos.html

And yes, there’s actually a tonerpirate.com selling discounted refill toners :rolleyes:

jcilforever

jcilforever

Audioholic
Toner pirates yeah have heard of them, also:

used car pirates, insurance pirates, magazine pirates, local police association pirates, NGO pirates.

I just hang up the phone if anyone wants to sell me something over the phone, and do not give out any personal info unless I know who is on the other end.

Maybe this is the pirate who called you?:D

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis